Been to Springfield to Bass Pro. You go to Joplin and head south for the most part. Maybe mapquest? Since you've been to Ken's before, you probably have been by my place and store/campground You folks will be the 2nd couple that I know of, and there's one other guy so far, both coming on different days, so I don't have any great idea of what and when just yet.
I'm only 2 miles from store/campground. My phone is 479 394-2535. Cell 479 216 2686. Cell phones generally can't get a signal in this valley, but can up on mntn by overlook at QW park.
I would imagine you'll be ready for a break after the trip from Springfield and setting up camp. I'll be checking the camp throughout the day or you can call me on stores land line when you check in.
There's some great riding in northern Ar. I go on a 3 day run up there every April. Here's one years routes, they may be of use in planning a route down here, especially Saturday's return trip to store/campground. oops, puter glitch, will post them in a bit, don't want to lose this, lol.
edit; There's only one day that's germaine, Sat return trip from Mountain Home, Ar
Directions for Saturday – 272 Miles
• From the Days Inn, take US-62 east (the way we came in) (1 mile) and turn right onto Hwy 62 south loop
• Turn left on Hwy 201 (5 miles)
• Take Hwy 201 (10 miles) and turn right onto Hwy 341
• Hwy 341 will change to Hwy 79 and Hwy 77, but it is otherwise known as Push Mountain Road (30 miles)
• At the end of Push Mountain Road, turn right on Hwy 14 (unless you’re going to turn around and ride it again)
• Stay on Hwy 14 through Big Flat and in about (14 miles) you will bear left onto Hwy 27
• Take Hwy 27 (10 miles) to Marshall, and turn right onto Hwy 65
• Take Hwy 65 (30 miles) to Hwy 123
• Take Hwy (35 miles) through Mount Judea all the way to Hwy 7
• Keep straight onto Hwy 7 (38 miles) to Russellville
• At Russellville (I-40), Hwy 7 and Hwy 27 are the same – stay with Hwy 27 through town to Dardanelle and Danville (25 miles)
• Just south of Danville, turn right onto SR-80 and go about (30 miles) to SR-250 and turn left
• Take SR-250 to US-71 and turn left (13 miles)
• Take US-71 South to Acorn and turn right onto Hwy 270 / 59 west and go (8 miles) to the Rich Mountain store
• Turn left onto Hwy 272 and look for the pavilion on the right where we will have supper
Edit2: I ran Springfield Mo to 1933 Hwy 270 Mena Ar thru mapquest. Anyone coming dfrom the North will get directed to take 540W into Ok for a few miles, then S on 112 toward Poteau. That's better than 71s all the way. There's a stop light on 540 where it meets the turn onto 112. Watch your speed on Poteau bypass, I got a performance award warning there once, lol. The only turn after you get on 112 is onto 272 at the store/camping.
Dan in Mena
'81 R100 T/S
'85 K 100 RS