October/Alt rally

With annual BOXERWORKS rallies on 2 continents (and counting), they deserve a dedicated forum. & if any forum member would like to host a rally you can bring it up here.
moonbeamerll

October/Alt rally

Post by moonbeamerll »

Just back to Luther (735 miles later) Special thanks to Dan for stepping up and filling in and his wife, Virgina, for an excellent meal. I especially want to thank Richard for taking me under his wing since this was my first time. What was lacking in quantity was certainly made up in quality! I'll post some pics soon.
awshucks

Re: October/Alt rally

Post by awshucks »

Had fun too! Here's mine, missed a few due to logistics. That's a fancy way of saying me and the camera weren't in the right place at the same time, lol.

1st here Thursday afternoon, Ron and Joyce Baker, they came via the scenic route, camped Thurs night, had supper at Branding Iron and left for Dallas Fri a.m.

Friday brought Richard T, MoonbeamerII and the Moss's. Lost my pic of the latter[?] They had somewhere to be Sat, so they stayed in town and got an early start Sat a.m.

Here's the start of Sat ride, up at the lodge for more coffee. L-R, Richard, my stepson Chris, Mike.

The 'view' from QW lodge, supposedly on a good day, one can see 4 states.

Across 88 from the QW park is The Stone House. Built early 30's by 2 guys who pulled up on a Harley, as legend has it.

Here's Moonbeamer coming back at an overlook on the Drive, gaggle of Harleys behind him, I thought somebody lost a bandanna, but it was a tad worse than that. Apparently one had fallen into another, then another, ect.

My digital is hard to run in bright sunlight, there's a tiny green I'm ready light about the size of a fly speck......lol.

We all went for Chinese buffet Fri eve. Now for the bad news. At least, I feel bad. Even though I left notes where we were going Sat, apparently from store owners, some folks showed up 2ish Sat afternoon after having been to Ken's and found nada. I think one was from Dallas. When I got back from the Drive, I saw my notes had been scattered by the wind. My apologies to whoever, I thought I had everything covered.
Last edited by awshucks on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan in Mena
'81 R100 T/S
'85 K 100 RS
richard t

Post by richard t »

I got home about 6pm had a great trip, thanks to Dan for hosting the camp out and Mike aka moonbeamer for riding down with me. It was good to find a fellow Boxerworks member had moved 50 miles from me, I'm not holding it against him that he moved fron Ohio and knows Scot
Last edited by richard t on Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
moonbeamerll

Post by moonbeamerll »

In front of the Queen Talimena lodge outside of Mena Arkansas. From left to right: Moonbeamerll aka Mike (not Steve) Watters, awshucks and richard t.
Attachments
DSCF1830.jpg
DSCF1830.jpg (27.46 KiB) Viewed 4765 times
moonbeamerll

Post by moonbeamerll »

Keeping the flame alive: let it be said that riders met at Ken's for the annual fall event ant Big Cedar.
Attachments
DSCF1857.jpg
DSCF1857.jpg (49.15 KiB) Viewed 4764 times