Boxerworks Forum Rally--The Official Dates

With annual BOXERWORKS rallies on 2 continents (and counting), they deserve a dedicated forum. & if any forum member would like to host a rally you can bring it up here.
Deleted User 287

Re: Boxerworks Forum Rally--The Official Dates

Post by Deleted User 287 »

Big Cedar is also home to an astronaut memorial of some sort, if I remember correctly.

And the gas station/store that burned down and never got rebuilt. :(
Ken in Oklahoma

Plastic Fork Shortage

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

I screwed up on my inventory. I have no plastic forks. So if you haven't left yet and you are going by a store I could use about 50 to 100 plastic forks.

This isn't a critical situation. I have some silverware forks. Y'all will just have to turn them in when you're done and I'll run them through the dishwasher.

And if all else fails, the first person going to Mena will be requested to bring some forks back from Wal Mart.

Ken, forkless in Oklahoma

Post by Deleted User 287 »

Whatta hear from Mr. Kitty these days, Ken?

Ken in Oklahoma

justoneoftheguys wrote:Whatta hear from Mr. Kitty these days, Ken?
I'm sorry to say that Mr. Kitty is gone Rob. He got bit by a snake (we're pretty sure) and he never was right after that. I'm not sure what actually killed him at the end, and I'm not sure Ingrid ever knew.

Living in the woods is dangerous for kittys and other living things it appears.

The neighbor guy, who I don't believe you've met, had a ton of cats (well maybe not a ton, depending on what 20+ cats will weigh. I think he's down to eight now. Marauding tomcats got some of them, he said. And he believes some coyotes got the remainder.

Have you met Giotto, my whippet? He has a lot of cat like qualities such as grace and poise. I know he would like you.

Ken

Post by Curt Henry »

I was hoping to make it at the last minute, too may irons in fire this year. We are opening a new 20,000 sq ft multi-specialty clinic (new building with new furnishings) Monday, up to my ass in last minute problems. Then the GSA is in the shop with a blown brake line.
Hope to make it in the spring.
Ken in Oklahoma

Curt Henry wrote:I was hoping to make it at the last minute, too may irons in fire this year. We are opening a new 20,000 sq ft multi-specialty clinic (new building with new furnishings) Monday, up to my ass in last minute problems. Then the GSA is in the shop with a blown brake line.
Hope to make it in the spring.

Well, indeed, that would have been a wonderful surprise. Here's hoping I get to see you this coming May. (I can only imagine how much more you'd like to be here than doing what you're doing.)

Ken

Post by SuperDave »

Ken in Oklahoma wrote:Marauding tomcats got some of them, he said. And he believes some coyotes got the remainder.
So, they eat cats but not your neighbor's Rooster?

DaveJ
This space for rent
Ken in Oklahoma

SuperDave wrote:So, they eat cats but not your neighbor's Rooster?
You will be glad to hear that the rooster is now gone, a victim of lead poisoning. Who was it that put out the contract on him? I can't remember and Large Louis wants his money.

P.S. See you tomorrow?

Ken

Post by SuperDave »

I'm going to try for Saturday.
Todd and Chris are not going to make it but never know about Phil Bob.
I'm on the fence. Another 500 mile round trip wont matter too much.

Since last Thursday I've rode to Barber then camped, then spent a full day in the saddle on the Cherohala Skyway, then spent another full day on the Blueridge Parkway. Yesterday I rode from Ashville NC to Dallas TX (956 miles) in 14.5 hours with an average speed of 64mph including stops. So far I'm up to 2299 miles.

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

I believe tomorrow I'm going to do it right by collecting everything required, and do an Ironbutt SaddleSore 1k seeing how 1000 miles is easyer than I thought it would be. The weather is right, my muscle & bones are set, and I'm looking at the maps now for the best route.
Last edited by SuperDave on Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DaveJ
This space for rent
SteveD

Post by SteveD »

Y'all have a great weekend. :!: :)
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

1982 R100RSR100RS supergallery. https://boxerboy81.smugmug.com/R100RS
2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.