Boxerworks Forum Rally--The Official Dates

With annual BOXERWORKS rallies on 2 continents (and counting), they deserve a dedicated forum. & if any forum member would like to host a rally you can bring it up here.
Deleted User 61

Re: Boxerworks Forum Rally--The Official Dates

Post by Deleted User 61 »

Oops, I UNbumped Ken's thread by replying to the OZ Boxerworks rally thread.
This should fix that! ;)
dwerbil

Post by dwerbil »

http://boxerworks.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... &start=140

Hey, check out SteveD's video and some pics from Grant....

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock
dwerbil

Post by dwerbil »

Am hoping I can make it this October to the Fall Colors rally. It depends on how the job search goes. I just can't tell at
this time. Yeah, several of us were hit with a work force reduction a couple months ago. :cry:
Hope to get something going asap.

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock
Ken in Oklahoma

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

Randy, we neeed you! We would be running around not knowing what to do without you. We'd be limping, stumbling into each other, or just walking in a daze. Yeah, yeah, I know. That's what we do when you're there. But it just wouldn't be the same with you gone.

Good luck on finding a job--except for the few days of the rally.

Ken

Post by The Veg »

I'm pretty certain that I can't be there. After missing five weeks of work with my broken arm, my boss probably won't be giving me any more time off EVER again.

And then if I get the new job I'm trying to get, I won't be able to be there due to being out of town for training.
Cogito Ergo Moto
----------------
"A bunch of weirdos with old motorcycles can never be boring." -Doug West
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
Ken in Oklahoma

Yeah, I wasn't expecting that you would be able to make this rally Veg. Too bad for all of us. I'm looking forward to you being healed and with a motorcycle awaiting your command.

Ken

We're getting close now!

Well there's only about 3 weeks left to the Boxerworks Forum Fall Rally held, as always, at my place in the scenic but middle of nowhere Oklahoma. And it's time for me to get busy getting ready for y'all.

The prime purpose of this post is to get a handle on who might be able to come to the rally. As always it's OK to plan on being here and when life interferes it's OK to back out. Similarly, if you find or decide at the last minute to attend that's OK too. In fact it's more than OK. It's more like "Hot Damn, good deal!".

Here's who I believe have already indicated their intention to attend:

Doug in Arlington (and assorted family members)
Ron and Teresa Moss (always here and I'm always glad for it)
Richard T and LaDonna (also always here and always welcome)
SuperDave and probably assorted friends such as Todd and Chris (drive carefully y'all)
The inimitable Larry Fixit (with or without Mrs. Fixit who is especially appreciated because she laughs at all my jokes)

And in the definite maybe category we have rally co-founder Randy, now aka Dwerbil (Randy I can't stand the idea of you maybe not making it)

And I want to especially invite Veg who is unfortunately beemerless and fortunately employed (Veg it wouldn't be the first time you drove your car to the rally)

My invitation to the rally includes you lurkers and those visible members of the forum who have yet to attend. It's always a treat to meet somebody new and getting to know them a little.

Got questions? Preferably post 'em or email me at kenclev at yahoo dot com, or PM me via the forum.

More later.

Ken

Post by The Veg »

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the chance to attend!

I'm interviewing for a new job on Monday, and if I get it (and I'm very hopeful), and the timing works out, who knows- I might just be able to work in a little vacation before starting the job, and who knows, it might fall in the right place for the rally...but that's a lot of circumstance that needs to stack up the right way.

Keep fingers crossed! :mrgreen:
Cogito Ergo Moto
----------------
"A bunch of weirdos with old motorcycles can never be boring." -Doug West
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
Ron Moss

Post by Ron Moss »

The next couple of weeks are going to be busy for us. this coming weekend is my 50 year high school reunion and the next weekend is the rally at Ken's. Might seem a little weird but I think Ken's will be more fun. My high school class was only 27 and I didn't like most of them but I'm going just to see how old and fat everyone got. I have had contact with only one of them in 50 years and that was very brief.
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid
Ken in Oklahoma

Ron Moss wrote:The next couple of weeks are going to be busy for us. this coming weekend is my 50 year high school reunion and the next weekend is the rally at Ken's. Might seem a little weird but I think Ken's will be more fun. My high school class was only 27 and I didn't like most of them but I'm going just to see how old and fat everyone got. I have had contact with only one of them in 50 years and that was very brief.

My 50th High School reunion will be next summer. I attended the 45th and a handful of others before that. I think my reunions must be more fun than yours.

On the other hand you might be surprised. I predict that you'll have a lot better time than you expect. I'm looking forward to hearing how it came out.

Ken