Boxerworks Forum Rally--The Official Dates

With annual BOXERWORKS rallies on 2 continents (and counting), they deserve a dedicated forum. & if any forum member would like to host a rally you can bring it up here.
Oldcolt72

Re: Boxerworks Forum Rally--The Official Dates

Post by Oldcolt72 »

Hello From Arlington, TX

I'll be there with or with out some of the crew.

Doug
Ken in Oklahoma

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

Hey Doug, I'm glad to hear the confirmation. I'm looking forward to seeing you (or y'all) again.

Ken

Post by Ron Moss »

OK the countdown begins: 7 days to the rally at Ken's. We'll be there Friday afternoon. Anyone needing a place to stay on the way to Ken's we would be glad to have you stay with us.
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid
richard t

Post by richard t »

LaDonna and I will be in friday afternoon
dwerbil

Post by dwerbil »

Am really sorry I can't make it.....with job hunting and big family shindig this weekend. I had planned to ride to Ken's until I heard the entire family clan was coming down here. Dang it all.
Everyone have a safe ride and a great time. Ron, no need in saying....take some pics!

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock
Ron Moss

Post by Ron Moss »

dwerbil wrote:Am really sorry I can't make it.....with job hunting and big family shindig this weekend. I had planned to ride to Ken's until I heard the entire family clan was coming down here. Dang it all.
Everyone have a safe ride and a great time. Ron, no need in saying....take some pics!
No problem with the picture taking, you not being there will be the problem.
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid
Ken in Oklahoma

Good weather. Yay!

I don't get too concerned about weather forcasts for the rallies at my place, but I am gratified to see nearly perfect weather being forecast for the rally. My attitude is usually que sera sera.

The nights are going to be cool, but I'm thinking that y'all won't need your fur lined jammies.

In case anybody is interested here is the forecast that I look at.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... -94.67&e=0

I'm pretty much ready for the rally itself, though I'll be busy today doing some of the things I should have done earlier. Tomorrow I'll be looking for volunteers to erect the ubiquituous rally parachute.

Ride safely guys.

Ken

Post by Matt »

hey, gimme some details? its been too many yrs since Ive been to Kens. Just speculating at the moment but I might jump in the car tomorrow & blast westward....we'll see
Matt Richards
BOXERWORKS
matt@boxerworks.com
dwerbil

Post by dwerbil »

Rally GPS location is near Ken's address on the map................
(right click to 'view image')

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock
Ken in Oklahoma

Matt wrote:hey, gimme some details? its been too many yrs since Ive been to Kens. Just speculating at the moment but I might jump in the car tomorrow & blast westward....we'll see

Hi Matt, that would be tres cool if you could make it.

The name of the community you're aiming for is Big Cedar, OKlahoma

I'm assuming that you'll be coming in on I-30 headed West. The exit you're looking for is Texas I-30 exit number 178. The exit will put you on highway 259. You're going to head north toward Idabel, Oklahoma. The exit 178 sign will have mentioned DeKalb. It may or may not have mentioned Idabel, OK.

From that I-30/highway 259 intersection you will cross the Red RIver into Oklahoma in about 30 minutes. In about 20 minutes more you will be entering Idabel, OK, still on highway 259. There will be a stop light before you get into the town proper. There will be a sign directing you to turn right, still following 259. (You're taking a short loop avoiding the center of town.) The loop will head you back north again and now you're still on 259 headed to Broken Bow, OK. It will take you about an hour from Broken Bow, Oklahoma to Big Cedar. There will be signs telling you how far you are from Big Cedar.

Big cedar is nothing more than the junction of highway 259 with state highway 63. At the junction you will turn left on highway 63. In 0.7 miles you will see a white house with pale blue trim on the left. It is overgrown with weeds. You will also see a dirt road to the left called River Lane. At the junction of highway 63 and River Lane you will also see a home made BMW roundel. You're almost there.

You will be proceeding 0.2 miles on river lane until you see two silver and rust colored tubular gates on the left, a 16 footer and a 4 footer. That's my driveway. You will also see another home made BMW roundel. You will probably see a BMW flag flying. About 500 feet more and you will see some airheads and our happy faces.

My cell phone is 208 559 0187
My land line is 918 651 3344

Hope it works out.

Ken

Editing: Ah, I see Randy has posted some directions. Thanks Randy