Oz Boxerworks Rally, September 2010

With annual BOXERWORKS rallies on 2 continents (and counting), they deserve a dedicated forum. & if any forum member would like to host a rally you can bring it up here.
Mal S7

Re: Oz Boxerworks Rally, September 2010

Post by Mal S7 »

Enjoying the pics and the stories, and especially Steve's video walk around.
good work fellas!

I am still trying to shake this flu. The good thing about getting sick is that it makes you wish for nothing much else but feeling healthy again.

Mal
Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

The video walk around was great ! SWMBO saw and understood ...and thought it all looked like a great way to spend some time ! A positive ! :D
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know"
The Grateful Dead
Airbear
Location: Oz, lower right hand side, in a bit, just over the lumpy part.

Post by Airbear »

Mal S7 wrote:Enjoying the pics and the stories, and especially Steve's video walk around.
good work fellas!

I am still trying to shake this flu. The good thing about getting sick is that it makes you wish for nothing much else but feeling healthy again.

Mal
Sorry to hear about the dreaded lurgy taking you out, Mal. I did my best to drink your share. It was a great weekend, with a highlight being an unladen ride up the mountain from Talbingo to the Yarrangobilly Caves. Campfire bullshitting was as good as you get. Next time, eh? Feel free to start putting dates and destinations out there, and try to enjoy the manflu in the appropriate manner. Having your minders bring hot cups of tea and good drugs on the hour should help.
Charlie
and Brunhilde - 1974 R90/6

Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering and Design (Pending)
Airbear
Location: Oz, lower right hand side, in a bit, just over the lumpy part.

Post by Airbear »

Sibbo wrote:The video walk around was great ! SWMBO saw and understood ...and thought it all looked like a great way to spend some time ! A positive ! :D
Gidday Peter. Yep, it's all mostly harmless and very good fun. Comfortable camping and good food and whatever you fancy by way of recreational chemicals is the order of the day. They're a great bunch of blokes - the sort you always look forward to meeting again. If you are contemplating coming down this way when things fall into place, there are lots of places to stay with similarly afflicted characters (there is a map somewhere with all the Oz Boxerworks members - it makes a lovely tour of the nicer bits of south east Oz).

I heard from Hans that you are kitting your sweetie out with some of those nice ex-military aluminium boxes. I'll look forward to a review of the process and an appraisal at some stage.
Charlie
and Brunhilde - 1974 R90/6

Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering and Design (Pending)
She'llbe

Post by She'llbe »

2800 kilometers from thursday morn to monday evening. Great ride thru the northern hunter, weather was much kinder than the wet I had on the way down, up the new england highway at a rapid pace so I could get over the dividing range before the roos got to bad. Thanx heaps Mal for the hospitality after a rainy afternoon and to Steve for the guidance to the campsite. What a great bunch of guys to party with. Hope to see some/all of you at the Mardi Grass Rally on the second weekend of May, might be wet, but not as cold as this weekend.
From the desk of the
Mt. Nardi Yacht Club
PO BOX 95
Nimbin, NSW
Australia 2480
02-6689-1234
Steve78RS

Post by Steve78RS »

Great to here you enjoyed the ride home. I missed the R90S after Cowra.

Tell me She'l'be; what did you think of the road from Bathurst to Sandy Hollow, and where did you camp on the Sunday evening.

Looking forward to Mardi Grass. Pass the peanut butter please.

Steve from Dubbo
R100RS to R100S Conversion
Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

Airbear wrote:
Gidday Peter. Yep, it's all mostly harmless and very good fun. Comfortable camping and good food and whatever you fancy by way of recreational chemicals is the order of the day. They're a great bunch of blokes - the sort you always look forward to meeting again. If you are contemplating coming down this way when things fall into place, there are lots of places to stay with similarly afflicted characters (there is a map somewhere with all the Oz Boxerworks members - it makes a lovely tour of the nicer bits of south east Oz).

I heard from Hans that you are kitting your sweetie out with some of those nice ex-military aluminium boxes. I'll look forward to a review of the process and an appraisal at some stage.
Hi Charlie , mate it looks wonderful ! :D I'm jealous as hell and yes I most definitely want to turn up and maybe even catch up with your good self on the way .....it all depends on getting one of my daughters to come down for a week or so to help Carol .It can be done !

The aluminium hot box panniers ? Yep ,I'll post a few pictures when I get it sorted .They look pretty good but at the moment I'm having fun getting a particular rubber molding that the fella over on ADVRider used .I've got one coming in the mail soon...I hope and if that works ,all will be well .Here's a photo of one without the lid .

"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know"
The Grateful Dead
Doug

Re: Oz Boxerworks Rally, May???? I cant wait that long!!!

Post by Doug »

Hey Blokes...
It looks like it was a great weekend!.. and the weather did everything to make it an adventure!

I cant possibly wait till May next year to try out my little Aldi $40 tent!!!... Lets look at something a bit sooner..
I'll start looking at my diary eh... and hope that things will have resolved here one way or the other... Gran is lingering, butt I suspect not for much longer..
Thanks for all the pics and the vid!!!... vicarous pleasure for those of us who misse dit!

Doug
Steve78RS

Post by Steve78RS »

Doug from Yak

Sorry to hear of your Gran's condition. Never an easy time.

Just discussing with Charlie over the blower that we need a tweenie rally before May next year. Too long to wait. I know Mal's up for it. November may be a good month to plan.

What do others think? We may need to start a new topic.

Steve from Dubbo
R100RS to R100S Conversion
DucatiPete

Post by DucatiPete »

Hi guys,
Only now got to check out the posts & pics etc... tho not getting all the images due to limited bandwidth (will have to wait 'till I'm near a fatter pipe). Looks like a good w/end had by all involved!
I want to thank you all for the most xcellent w/end - esp. Jeff & john for sharing the road on the way up.
Well done SteveD & Grant on the mega mile o/night return run and She'llbe for his HUGE milage effort - I hope the $50 for the return trip stretches sufficiently.
Considering I only just managed to make it, following a week of flu'ness (I know how you feel Mal!). I didn't make the decision to go 'till Thursday morn... I'M REAL GLAD I DID!!
No issues to report re my ride home, 'cept to say it was dry and (relatively) mild.
Hope to catch yas on the next outing!
pete