Oz Boxerworks Rally, September 2010

With annual BOXERWORKS rallies on 2 continents (and counting), they deserve a dedicated forum. & if any forum member would like to host a rally you can bring it up here.
Doug

Re: Oz Boxerworks Rally, How about another?

Post by Doug »

Thanks for your thoughts, Steve.
Gran breathed her last, this afternoon, serenely and free of pain. It really was a perfect though very sad conclusion to a long life, well lived.
So on to November eh?.. I reckon that would be a perfect time to reconnect!
It seems that geographically, southern NSW or NE Vic is about the centre of gravity and no shortage of spots for a camp...but I'm open to more adventurous suggestions...
If, for no other reason to provoke a response, how about the weekend of 13/14 November?
There is nothing special about this particular weekend but let's start somewhere...,

Any thoughts anyone?
Doug

Mmmmm...Looks like I need to put together one of those dinky little signoff things...
I'll talk to Charlie!!!
grant81rs

Re: Oz Boxerworks Rally, September 2010

Post by grant81rs »

Doug, sorry once again about dear ole Gran...Our thoughts are will you and your family mate....
Cheers, Grant
Gippsland - Australia

1978 R100RS
1981 R100RS
1994 K1100RS
2005 R1150gsa
She'llbe

Post by She'llbe »

Doug wrote:Thanks for your thoughts, Steve.
Gran breathed her last, this afternoon, serenely and free of pain. It really was a perfect though very sad conclusion to a long life, well lived.
It seems that geographically, southern NSW or NE Vic is about the centre of gravity and no shortage of spots for a camp...but I'm open to more adventurous suggestions...
If, for no other reason to provoke a response, how about the weekend of 13/14 November?
There is nothing special about this particular weekend but let's start somewhere...,

Any thoughts anyone?
Doug

Mmmmm...Looks like I need to put together one of those dinky little signoff things...
I'll talk to Charlie!!!
Cleaning the bike, drying/airing the tent and sleeping bag, thinking about a great time away. I could make a habit of getting out and about on a very regular basis!!!
From the desk of the
Mt. Nardi Yacht Club
PO BOX 95
Nimbin, NSW
Australia 2480
02-6689-1234
Airbear
Location: Oz, lower right hand side, in a bit, just over the lumpy part.

Post by Airbear »

Any thoughts anyone?
Doug

I'll talk to Charlie!!!
G'day Doug
Sorry to hear about Gran. Sounds like as smooth an exit as could possibly be had. Please pass on condolences to Cath and the kids.

Yep, I'm up for a ride in November, or any other time, for that matter. The thing about thinking that I am retired is that I can justify almost any time away as long as my cat gets a feed every so often. I'd be interested in an October weekend ride as well, and rather than planning months ahead would prefer to decide a couple of days in advance once the weather forecast is known.

Doug, if you want a 'signature' thingy, go to the Control 'Center' and have a play. I'll talk you through it if required.
Charlie
and Brunhilde - 1974 R90/6

Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering and Design (Pending)
Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

Any thoughts anyone?
Doug

I'll talk to Charlie!!!
My sympathy Doug ,having just spent 2 weeks visiting Mum in hospital ...I think your experience will be mine before too long .Cheers ,Peter

I've just added on of those tag lines too .
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know"
The Grateful Dead
SteveD

Post by SteveD »

Airbear wrote: ps: There ... a nice mountain stream to wash in. It'll prolly be thawed out by then. And don't you go worrying about the firewood. In the worst case, we'll burn the dunnies or an RS or somethin'.
The nice mountain stream wasn't nice anymore was it? It was raging with the heavy recent rains and would've swept away anyone silly enough to wade into it. It did provide a reasonable lullaby to sleep to though.

The firewood turned out to be a bummer as the fellow that was going to supply it didn't turn up. He texted to say that all his wood was wet from the 100mm of rain over the previous few days. As it was there was enough wood around the place, just the convenience of the delivery was lost. The fire still raged.

Doug...best wishes. I'm glad for her that it didn't take too long.
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

1982 R100RSR100RS supergallery. https://boxerboy81.smugmug.com/R100RS
2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.
Bob Bennett

Post by Bob Bennett »

Well I'm finally reunited with my laptop,Thanks heaps for a great weekend, I really enjoyed the like minded company/yarns bikes etc; Would'nt have missed it for Quids. Will try like buggery for the next one.
Thought I was doin it pretty tough riding through rain,sleet & snow to get there, but tips me lid to Hans & Charlie that did
it in the dark.
Great video Steve, I'd like one of those cameras, do they work like on the bike faceing forward?
My ride home was in great weather & I was suprised to pull up beside Grant & Steve at Adaminaby, Had a Burger that
Charlie had told me about,
Looking forward to the next one.
Regards, Bob
R80 RS
Airbear
Location: Oz, lower right hand side, in a bit, just over the lumpy part.

Post by Airbear »

Gidday Bob.
Great to meet you, glad you had a good run home and experienced the Adaminaby burger.
As you say, 'looking forward to the next one'.

Here's a pic of a fine bunch of ratbags arrayed around an equally fine (and surprisingly clean-looking) R80RS.

Edited to add a bit more light to that picture.
Last edited by Airbear on Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie
and Brunhilde - 1974 R90/6

Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering and Design (Pending)
grant81rs

Post by grant81rs »

Bob Bennett wrote:Well I'm finally reunited with my laptop,Thanks heaps for a great weekend, I really enjoyed the like minded company/yarns bikes etc; Would'nt have missed it for Quids. Will try like buggery for the next one.
Thought I was doin it pretty tough riding through rain,sleet & snow to get there, but tips me lid to Hans & Charlie that did
it in the dark.
Great video Steve, I'd like one of those cameras, do they work like on the bike faceing forward?
My ride home was in great weather & I was suprised to pull up beside Grant & Steve at Adaminaby, Had a Burger that
Charlie had told me about,
Looking forward to the next one.

Gidday Bob,

Yes it was great to meet you and have a drink around the fire, yes Steve and I were dragg'in our butt's a little Sunday morning up until Adaminaby, but after the mega fatty bacon and eggs we made some nice miles and sat in the seat all day....Until next time mate, have a good one :)
Cheers, Grant
Gippsland - Australia

1978 R100RS
1981 R100RS
1994 K1100RS
2005 R1150gsa