Oz Rally

Three forums dedicated to promoting Boxerworks, BMW specific and/or local motorcycling event (i.e. rallies, camp outs, local rides, etc.).
She'llbe

Oz Rally

Post by She'llbe »

OK, Tallbingo is over and now where and when, any feedback?
From the desk of the
Mt. Nardi Yacht Club
PO BOX 95
Nimbin, NSW
Australia 2480
02-6689-1234
Ross

Re: Oz Rally

Post by Ross »

Somewhere north NSW maybe???
Me wittle bit of the web........http://rossmz.blogspot.com/
Steve78RS

Post by Steve78RS »

Camping or pub?

Dorrigo is a great central spot for touring. The Dorrigo Hotel has excellent meals and accom.

http://www.hotelmoteldorrigo.com.au/

May not please the Mexicans.

Steve from Dubbo
R100RS to R100S Conversion
Airbear
Location: Oz, lower right hand side, in a bit, just over the lumpy part.

Post by Airbear »

Steve78RS wrote:Camping or pub?

Dorrigo is a great central spot for touring. The Dorrigo Hotel has excellent meals and accom.

http://www.hotelmoteldorrigo.com.au/

May not please the Mexicans.

Steve from Dubbo
Bugger the Mexicans.

O, that's right, I'm a Mexican, but only just. Perhaps it is good to have some separate rallies - mid NSW and mid-Vic, since that seems to mostly cover the current Oz contingent. Some of us will get to all. The long rides are fun if one has the time, but an outrageously long ride to sit stunned for a few hours and then do it all again the next day is not a good idea. Sooner or later there will be a tragedy, and we don't need that. I would like to attend a gathering in mid NSW sometime soon - Brunhilde can travel much further from the big toolbox these days, bless her.
So, make a date, pick a venue and see who signs up.

While we are having this little discussion, what do you think about being banished to the Events Schedule part of the forum, where nobody goes in the normal course of Boxerworks business? Perhaps we should post these threads about gatherings in the Motorcycling section, where they are more easily seen. We could ask Matt about this if there is some consensus.

See yez when the mud dries.
Charlie
and Brunhilde - 1974 R90/6

Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering and Design (Pending)
Steve78RS

Post by Steve78RS »

The mud is yet to dry here but I'm confident in the next few months we may see some sunshine.

I agree that we should not be put off from having some in-between regional rallies without feeling that we are not involving our far flung friends. I'm keen to meet up with She'llbe and the NSW mob next month, somewhere we feel comfortable with. Thats not to say that the folk south of the border can't be involved.

I do like Dorrigo for its sub-tropical beauty and proximity to some great rides, i.e. Nymboida, Bellingen etc.

Motocycling is probably a better area to post these things. As you say Charlie the events schedule is an afterthought.

Back to my Brembo re-build.

Steve
R100RS to R100S Conversion