Heart of Dixie Rally, Airheads

List any and all BMW Motorcycle rallies here.
Matt

Heart of Dixie Rally, Airheads

Post by Matt »

Anyone going to the Heart of dixie Rally this weekend?

The Heart of Dixied Rally will be held in Monteagle, Tn. at the Laurel Trails campground on the 2nd weekend of September.

Monteagle Tn., is about 35 miles NW of Chattanooga, Tn. on I-24.
Matt Richards
BOXERWORKS
matt@boxerworks.com
Matt

Re: Heart of Dixie Rally, Airheads

Post by Matt »

dang, not one reply...
John from Bench Mark Works rode over from MS to visit, when he got here I said "we are going to a rally"....he said "OK" & we hopped into my Saab & we rocked north to Monteagle, TN & rolled up to Laurel Trails Campground which I might add is WAY nicer than it used be. maybe 40 ABC members and the most ABC state flags than Ive seen in some time were there, a few I haven't seen in a while.

Recently Ive become discouraged with the ABC, I still wonder what ever happened to the ABC but after going to the Heart of Dixie rally i remember why I joined the club in the first place.
The thing that bugs me to no end is the huge chasm separating the old original airhead riders and the new "crop, next generation, element" of airhead enthusiasts I know are out there. I go to motorcycle rallies & do motorcycle stuff, I sell parts to & hang out with airhead riders younger(sometimes WAY younger) than myself.
...just an observation.
see y'all on the road.
Matt
Matt Richards
BOXERWORKS
matt@boxerworks.com
Jean

Post by Jean »

I'd be going there a lot sooner if I could figure a way to go that didn't include ATLANTA, or the environs!!
ATLANTA is one of the major reasons I gave up Huntsville...
Clemson, SC
R100s, R75/5
gondar1234

Post by gondar1234 »

Anyone going to the Heart of dixie Rally this weekend?