2012 Texas National Rally

List any and all BMW Motorcycle rallies here.
30yearoldjunk

2012 Texas National Rally

Post by 30yearoldjunk »

Did anyone get to go to the 2012 Texas National Rally at Llano? I have to live vicariously through you guys...
dwerbil

Re: 2012 Texas National Rally

Post by dwerbil »

Hey there 30yoj. I met with Super Dave there along with two of his friends, all from the Dallas area. Jack Howard rode in Saturday for the day from Bee Caves. It was a thinner crowd than last two years; and is/was the last one sponsered by the San Antonio BMW Riders group at Llano city park. Dunno where it will be next year. Could be up in the Lubbock area as far as I know; depends on where and which club will sponsor it.

Jack and I did a lazy 75 mile ride in the backroads Saturday, while Super Dave did his wild-man thing on his beaut of a '93 R1150RS with blasting down from Llano to the Three Sisters FM roads SW of Kerrville. He did 450 miles.

Temps were nice being around the 70's. Wind was a bit too much, especially trying to sleep at night in a non-stop flapping tent. Guess the wind did help dry out the tents/us.......seems the golf course just a chip-shot away from us cranked on their huge sprinkler system at 2:30 a.m. Saturday dousing a number of us in our 'rain-fly-less' tents. Had to do a quick throw-on-the-fly on the tent between the sprinkler blast. Managed to do that and then retire back into my tent and on top of a now soggy sleeping bag. Oh well, part of the fun.

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock
30yearoldjunk

Post by 30yearoldjunk »

Wow. Sounds like a great time, other than the sleep interruptions.
I've said it for years, but now I mean it. I'm going to re-prioritize.
dwerbil

Post by dwerbil »

30yearoldjunk wrote:Wow. Sounds like a great time, other than the sleep interruptions.
I've said it for years, but now I mean it. I'm going to re-prioritize.
Great to hear. It sure helps for clearing the sinuses. Hope to ride the range/hills with you someday soon.

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock