The Official Thread for the May 2013 Boxerworks Rally

List any and all BMW Motorcycle rallies here.
Steve in Golden

Re: The Official Thread for the May 2013 Boxerworks Rally

Post by Steve in Golden »

I have returned home from the rally, and visiting my dad in Tyler TX after about 2330 miles of riding over an 11 day trip. It was awesome! Well most of it anyway. Returning from Texas over the last couple of days had brutal cross winds for much of it but I pressed on anyway and eventually made it home. I stopped in for a while at the Capulin Volcano on the way home today, that place is way cool. Then took some nice backroads into Branson, CO, then on into Trinidad and on home mostly on the slab.

It was a great rally with great people, and it was really good meeting everybody. And we sure did some really fun rides on the Talimena Pkwy. And Randy it was good riding down to Tyler with you.

My photos were nothing special but I will post a link soon.
richard t

Post by richard t »

I'm glad you got to see the Okla volcana, i was good to meet you
Steve in Golden

It was good to meet you too Richard. I almost got to see Okla tornadoes but the volcano is in NM.
dwerbil

Post by dwerbil »

Steve, sure glad you made it home safe and sound. Great meeting you, and I enjoyed the ride down to Tyler with you too.
Here's a few pics.....

http://www.pbase.com/dwerbil/rallymay2013

I think my old Nikon needs a firmware update.
Right click to view full photo.

L.to R....Don Roberts, Diane, Todd, Randy, Doug, Richard, Michelle, Larryfixit, Steve, Ken, Duane, Gabriela, Crunch, Ron Moss, Teresa, Montmil

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock
richard t

Post by richard t »

Steve in Golden wrote:It was good to meet you too Richard. I almost got to see Okla tornadoes but the volcano is in NM.
sorry I was thinking of Black Meas the higest point in Okla
Steve in Golden

dwerbil wrote:Steve, sure glad you made it home safe and sound. Great meeting you, and I enjoyed the ride down to Tyler with you too.
Here's a few pics.....

I think my old Nikon needs a firmware update.
Right click to view full photo.

http://www.pbase.com/dwerbil/image/1504 ... iginal.jpg

L.to R....Don Roberts, Diane, Todd, Randy, Doug, Richard, Michelle, Larryfixit, Steve, Ken, Duane, Gabriela, Crunch, Ron Moss, Teresa, Montmil
Damnit I hate it when my eyes are closed in photos, and they always are! I can't help but blink when the flash goes off, no matter how hard I try!!!!
richard t wrote:sorry I was thinking of Black Meas the higest point in Okla
No need to apologize Richard. I spent some time near Black Mesa as well. The first night of my journey to Ken's I passed near there, and spent the night camping at Black Mesa State Park in OK. Drank beer and ate bbq with a bunch of game wardens. It was fun. Not as fun as the rally was of course.
Steve in Golden

dwerbil wrote:Here's a few pics.....

Nice photos Randy! Where was that locomotive (you lucky dog you)? My son would like that locomotive, he is into trains.
Ken in Oklahoma

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

Steve in Golden wrote: Nice photos Randy! Where was that locomotive (you lucky dog you)? My son would like that locomotive, he is into trains.
I'm not Randy, but I know where the locomotive is. I'm sorry to say that you missed it. On our little ride Sunday, heading back along the Talimena Scenic Drive from Mena, about 15 miles later we turned left (to look at the construction on the lodge). As we turned, if you had looked to your right you would have seen the locomotive. It was probably 100 yards off with a gravel parking area around it.

If it's any solace, I didn't look at it either. :)

Ken