The Official Thread for the May 2013 Boxerworks Rally

List any and all BMW Motorcycle rallies here.
Crunch

Re: The Official Thread for the May 2013 Boxerworks Rally

Post by Crunch »

Thank you again to Ken and everyone who put the rally together. I had a great time. It's always so satisfying to meet like minded people and to share a good cigar and cup of conversation. Ditto on the STRONG headwinds in Texas. No doubt a result of the heavy storms sucking all the air out of Texas to feed the storms. Liked to have blown me around and beat me up but I made it home around 3:00pm today. Well worth the trip though.
SteveD

Post by SteveD »

Youse blokes know the rulz. Pictures or it didn't happen!
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

1982 R100RSR100RS supergallery. https://boxerboy81.smugmug.com/R100RS
2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.
Ken in Oklahoma

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

SteveD wrote:Youse blokes know the rulz. Pictures or it didn't happen!

Our prime picture taker (dwerbil) just left a bit over an hour ago. He'll be home late today. When he sees your post he will drop everything and post his pics, looking at his computer display through wind burned eyeballs.

'Tis a fine thing he's doing for the cause and all.

That or he'll fall asleep at the computer with his nose typing endless lines of the letter "z" -- or some other letter close to it.

Ken

Post by montmil »

After pulling my bike out of the drain along side Ken's "all-weather road" driveway -with help from riding partner Mike "Crunch" Crenshaw- the rest of the Rally was very pleasant. Waffle batter consistency, it was, and I'm not the only Rally attendee with muddy rain pants.

No one went hungry what with steaks, loin pork chops, barbecue, tons of snacks, sandwiches and beverages. For me, Randy's Austin-distilled Tito's Vodka was really s-m-o-o-t-h. Thanks, Randy. I've got to pick up a bottle next week while in Austin.

For any of you guys wondering, my bruised ribs got me out of mowing the property when I got home. I'll be good to go in a couple days.

Ken, you are a marvelous host. Plus, we even had a Kiamichi Wood Nymph stay with us for a couple days. Truth.

Brutal head and crosswinds for 260+ miles home but they were nuttin' compared to the drenching ride to Ken's on Thursday. As Crunch said, "Rides like this one are the ones you'll always remember." Now, if Mike could just remember what he did with his cell phone...
1981 R65
1983 R65
1978 R100S
1995 Triumph Trophy
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I enjoyed meeting new friends and a few older ones. richard t, sorry I missed you both days. I had a great time.......thanks to all.....
Dan in Mena
'81 R100 T/S
'85 K 100 RS
Crunch

Post by Crunch »

I have a few photos but I get a message that the board attachment quota has been reached. No doubt this is a BOE on my part but I don't see any instructions on photo posting. Suggestions for a noob to this board?
ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

Crunch wrote:I have a few photos but I get a message that the board attachment quota has been reached. No doubt this is a BOE on my part but I don't see any instructions on photo posting. Suggestions for a noob to this board?
Create a photobucket (or similar) account and take link from there, and post link to Boxerworks.
Lord of the Bings
dwerbil

Post by dwerbil »

Just got back home in Round Rock, Tx at 5:30p.m. Near head-winds of gusts to thirty was a real pain, but didn't stop Steve in Golden and myself. I followed Steve down to Tyler, Tx where he was headed. I plowed on to Round Rock.

Thanks once again Ken for a fun forum rally. Great to meet some new faces and see a goodly amount of returning airhead buddies.

Will post some photos soon.

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock
Ken in Oklahoma

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

Wow Randy. Home already! You didn't violate any traffic laws did you?

It was fun, and I'm sitting with a smile on my face as I recover. :D

Ken

Post by ME 109 »

Ken in Oklahoma wrote:Wow Randy. Home already! You didn't violate any traffic laws did you?

It was fun, and I'm sitting with a smile on my face as I recover. :D

Ken
It's odd to sit there in the quiet after all the voices have gone. Where just a little while ago there was much chatter and laughter, now there is just the wind through the trees and crickets chirping in the spring sunshine.
Poetic licence No. 980
Lord of the Bings