The Official Thread for the May 2013 Boxerworks Rally

List any and all BMW Motorcycle rallies here.
dwerbil

Re: The Official Thread for the May 2013 Boxerworks Rally

Post by dwerbil »

awshucks wrote:I enjoyed meeting new friends and a few older ones. richard t, sorry I missed you both days. I had a great time.......thanks to all.....
Dan, sorry to miss your second visit to Ken's bunker. Was sure glad to meet you and wish you all the best. Hope to see you again.

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock
larrysfixit

Post by larrysfixit »

Larrysfixit got home 11hrs and 40 mn after he left the great state of Oklahoma.
I wanted to say thanks to Ken, Randy, and all of you that made the rally fun. It is great to meet new people and just set and "jaw" once in a while. Monty was funny and Mike a great cook, And it was great that a few of you brought your wives.
I personally had fun.
:D
dwerbil

Post by dwerbil »

Ken in Oklahoma wrote:Wow Randy. Home already! You didn't violate any traffic laws did you?

It was fun, and I'm sitting with a smile on my face as I recover. :D

Ken
Ken, I didn't violate any of the myriad of traffic laws at all, at any time, mostly.
:)
With the headwinds, the throttle was maybe doing about 90 while the bike was moving 70-75. Old Eddie didn't skip a beat; and the new Air Hawk kept my keister happy too.
Traffic was light and extremely well behaved. I think it really helps to wear a florescent vest...slow cars seem to move out of your way, plus the pulsing red and blue lights on my helmet helps too. (kidding)

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock
Ken in Oklahoma

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

ME 109 wrote: It's odd to sit there in the quiet after all the voices have gone. Where just a little while ago there was much chatter and laughter, now there is just the wind through the trees and crickets chirping in the spring sunshine.
Poetic licence No. 980

Hey, that was pretty good ME 109! You sound like the kind of guy the wood nymphs would show themselves too. They gravitate to sensitive men like you. Do you like beer? They make beer to rival the best I've ever tasted. Probably you'd like it too.

Ken

Post by ME 109 »

Ken in Oklahoma wrote:
ME 109 wrote: It's odd to sit there in the quiet after all the voices have gone. Where just a little while ago there was much chatter and laughter, now there is just the wind through the trees and crickets chirping in the spring sunshine.
Poetic licence No. 980

Hey, that was pretty good ME 109! You sound like the kind of guy the wood nymphs would show themselves too. They gravitate to sensitive men like you. Do you like beer? They make beer to rival the best I've ever tasted. Probably you'd like it too.

Ken
Thanks Ken, I was homing in on your vibes.
Do I like beer? Does a bear shit in the woods!
I like Airbear's beer the best. Best beer in the shire.
Reckon I'd like your nymphs beer too.
Lord of the Bings
Ken in Oklahoma

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

ME 109 wrote:Do I like beer? Does a bear shit in the woods!
You know, I strongly suspected that from reading your posts. :D

From yours and others casual remarks it would almost appear to be a national pastime. The trouble is, when I picture you, airbear, and others I always seem to put you into the bar scene from Crocodile Dundee. . . . . . . . . . .

Ken

Post by ME 109 »

Ken in Oklahoma wrote: The trouble is, when I picture you, airbear, and others I always seem to put you into the bar scene from Crocodile Dundee. . . . . . . . . . .

Ken
Good Lord! my suspicions confirmed.
It was just the other day I was thinking about removing the kangaroo from my sig line because I thought it may appear that I come from some backwards regional town halfway between Melbourne and Sydney with kangaroos bouncing all over the place.

Five minutes after those worrying thoughts I was walking out to my workshop and had to stop and give way to a 6' eastern grey roo hopping through my yard. He stopped 25 feet from me and started having a chew on my lawn. I stood there and said hello and looked at all the other roos that were around my house. They're everywhere. Most always I can count 10-20 if I walk around the house and look far and near. I have counted over 30 at times
I look out my kitchen window in the mornings and look at roos eating my lawn.
Often there are roos bouncing down or up the driveway in front of my ute.
A roo hopped out in front of my bike at the bottom of the driveway on sunday.
I have a boxing arena that I can see from the kitchen where I can watch two or three sparring. They are very funny creatures to observe going about their day.
There are about four roos with joeys in their pouches, popping their heads out for a feed as mum eats.

Ok, I do come from some backwards regional town halfway between Melbourne and Sydney with kangaroos bouncing all over the place.

No crocs tho', I got 'em all years ago.

Perhaps I better leave the sig pic.
Lord of the Bings
bbelk

Post by bbelk »

ME 109 wrote: I was thinking about removing the kangaroo from my sig line
Don't do it. I have often thought about having a beer with you, and feeling up TIm.
1975 R90/6
1979 R65
ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

bbelk wrote: and feeling up TIm.
You'll get arrested for that over here Brad!
Well, I'd like to have a beer with you too, and catch a trout from yer boat.

One day......
Lord of the Bings
Crunch

Post by Crunch »

Doug in Arlington, I've posted a PM to you with a link for the para lever drive shaft fix. -Mike