Insert Picture

If you figure out something cool related using the Forum, share what you know here!
acr80

Insert Picture

Post by acr80 »

I apologize, but I can not figure out how to insert a photograph.

Thanks for your help
Major Softie

Re: Insert Picture

Post by Major Softie »

Above the "Reply" box, there is a button, about in the middle, labeled "Img"

That will put two labels in your post that say "img" and "/img" with each of them contained in brackets. You paste the url of the photo's location between those two (which is right where you cursor will be when they appear in your post).

Hope that made it clear enough.

If the photo is on your own computer, then you need to get it onto the web first. If it's on your own computer, you can put it on the site by going into the user control panel, hitting the "Gallery" tab, choosing "Manage personal albums," hitting the "create personal album" button, and then it will say "You don't have the permissions create your personal album" because they haven't activated that feature yet. :mrgreen:

BUT, as soon as they do, you'll be able to establish a folder here and upload pics to it. Until then, you can't put a picture in your computer onto your post unless you have already established a photo site somewhere else on the web. Then you can use the "Img" button.
MS - out
Deleted User 61

Post by Deleted User 61 »

What he said.

;)
acr80

Post by acr80 »

Thanks - now i understand.
justpete

Post by justpete »

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

justpete wrote:Image
Well, that isn't working.... :roll:
moonbeamerll

Post by moonbeamerll »

Does Facebook count as a valid website to pull pictures from? I have tried twice using the Img function. I am now trying the URL buttonhttp://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater
moonbeamerll

Post by moonbeamerll »

This isn't exactly the result I wanted. I only wanted to post a single picture. Anyone have any suggestions?
Deleted User 287

Post by Deleted User 287 »

moonbeamerll wrote:Does Facebook count as a valid website to pull pictures from?
Not that I am aware.

One needs to be able to "right-click" (on a PC - I don't know what you do on a Mac) and then "Copy image location" (Firefox) and then paste the results between the Image

On I.E. you need to select "Properties" (after the right-click) and copy the URL address from the pop-up.

On some of the free photo hosting sites, the URL is provided so you don't have to think so much.
Deleted User 287

Post by Deleted User 287 »

moonbeamerll wrote:Does Facebook count as a valid website to pull pictures from? I have tried twice using the Img function. I am now trying the URL buttonhttp://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater
I tried clicking on your link and it didn't work.
One would probably have to be your "friend", or you would have to have your security settings on FB set so that anyone could look at your photos.