RESOLVED - Editing Posts & Quoting Others Entries Available

Jeff in W.C.

Re: Editing Posts & Quoting Others Entries Now Available

Post by Jeff in W.C. »

Scot wrote:
Jeff in W.C. wrote: IMO, it would make more sense to ban the individuals who delete posts rather than limit the edit time for all.

I don't understand, Jeff. Why should anyone suffer punishment for deleting a post they created? Doesn't seem right to me. It's their post. If they want it to disappear, why should they be punished for it?
It was my understanding (and I could be wrong here) that Matt has limited the time here due to some people deleting their posts.
Jeff in W.C.
1988 R100 RT
2018 R1200 GS
"I've got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time." Joe Strummer/Clash
Major Softie

Post by Major Softie »

As in, deleting what they wrote for the purpose of maintaining that they never wrote it. Very different than deleting it because they have realized that what they said was an error.
MS - out
SuperDave

Warning, Hijack in Progress

Post by SuperDave »

While on the subject of TIME........

[hijack]
In the post meltdown Phorum (6/09-8/10) or the beta of this one, there was a time limit on your logon.

If you were taking a while to type out a new post, and hit something like Preview,
it would take you back to the logon prompt and everything you typed would be gone.

Please don't bring that back, I beg you.
[/hijack]

This seemed in a round about way to be on subject.

Thanks,
DaveJ
DaveJ
This space for rent
Deleted User 61

Post by Deleted User 61 »

There is a time limit on an idle logon on phpBB, I believe. We will probably find out what it is, but in the meantime, the best way to avoid this trap is to refresh from time to time; or you could compose your reply in a word processor program, and then cut & paste the whole thing when you are ready.
Major Softie

Post by Major Softie »

On the "Get Forum Support" page http://boxerworks.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=35, it says that the last post was:

"The Web Mistress View the latest post
Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:09 am"

but, when I go to the last page of that string, it shows that last post as:

"by The Web Mistress » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:09 pm"

So, can you s'plain me that?
MS - out