Ordered one of these today

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
dwerbil

Re: Ordered one of these today

Post by dwerbil »

I always want loud horns and PUSH BUTTONS to activate them. The '93 K1100RS and '04 R1150RT both have LIFT-to-use buttons. There is nothing natural to me to lift one's left thumb to use the damn horn as opposed to a simple push button. Fumbling around for the damn LIFT button in a crisis situation is going to get me killed some day. LIFT-THUMB-TO-USE HORN BUTTONS BE DAMNED TO HELL FOR EVER!
There, I feel better.

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock
Rob

Post by Rob »

When a longtime friend bought what was left of my R65, what he didn't get were my Fiamms. I managed to find room for them under the bodywork of the CBR250R. Used them quite a few times, too.
They never suspect a motorcycle!
Rob V
dougie

Post by dougie »

Rob wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:28 pm When a longtime friend bought what was left of my R65, what he didn't get were my Fiamms. I managed to find room for them under the bodywork of the CBR250R. Used them quite a few times, too.
They never suspect a motorcycle!
I love my set of Fiamm Hiway Blasters.
I put them on my R3. Before that they were on my Hawk GT, and before that, my R100.
Ten years (at least) and still work perfectly.
I've spent most of my money on women, motorcycles, and beer.
The rest of it I just wasted.
The Veg

Post by The Veg »

I made a video to help give you the idea about my horns. Unfortunately the phone's camera does NO justice to how loud and piercing the horns are, but trust me- they get the job done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROv79cXSSfA
Cogito Ergo Moto
----------------
"A bunch of weirdos with old motorcycles can never be boring." -Doug West
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
Rob

Post by Rob »

The Veg wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 8:01 pm I made a video to help give you the idea about my horns. Unfortunately the phone's camera does NO justice to how loud and piercing the horns are, but trust me- they get the job done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROv79cXSSfA
This video came up after yours. Anyone you know? :)

https://youtu.be/ox87g5vV6o8
Rob V
The Veg

Post by The Veg »

Those guys look pretty dodgy.
Cogito Ergo Moto
----------------
"A bunch of weirdos with old motorcycles can never be boring." -Doug West
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
Rob

Post by Rob »

The Veg wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 11:14 pm Those guys look pretty dodgy.
Yeah, I'd rather think about Patti Smith pissing in a river.

https://youtu.be/XhDJZm_HyXY

(that was the next suggestion on my YouTube screen, after the Dodgy Boys.)
Rob V
enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

Back to the topic, I rode to work through a pretty heavy rain storm and the new Lazer helmet had water coming down the inside of the face shield, just like my HJC and my Shoei RF1000. I'm pretty sure it's the Windjammer and not the helmets. Luckily they all have pinlocks and don't fog up. Still annoying. The Darian suit kept my dry though.
Ed Miller
'81 R65
'70 Bonneville
Falls City, OR

"Gasoline makes people stupid." -- Chuey
"I'll believe corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." Bumper sticker
Rob

Post by Rob »

dwerbil wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:30 pm I always want loud horns and PUSH BUTTONS to activate them. The '93 K1100RS and '04 R1150RT both have LIFT-to-use buttons. There is nothing natural to me to lift one's left thumb to use the damn horn as opposed to a simple push button. Fumbling around for the damn LIFT button in a crisis situation is going to get me killed some day. LIFT-THUMB-TO-USE HORN BUTTONS BE DAMNED TO HELL FOR EVER!
There, I feel better.

I wonder if you could switch the wires for the horn with the turn signal? That would give you a push to activate horn?
And anyone new to the bike would quickly learn the ways of the mod. :)

I liked the simplicity and logic of left and right directionals on one sideways toggle switch. I really lucked out choosing the quirky R65 to learn airhead on.
Rob V
Rob

Post by Rob »

enigmaT120 wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 4:00 pm Back to the topic, I rode to work through a pretty heavy rain storm and the new Lazer helmet had water coming down the inside of the face shield, just like my HJC and my Shoei RF1000. I'm pretty sure it's the Windjammer and not the helmets. Luckily they all have pinlocks and don't fog up. Still annoying. The Darian suit kept my dry though.
I have never ridden behind any large fairing, so I can't say, but I never had water run down the inside of any helmet in recent memory. Most of the last couple of decades have been HJC.

Sounds like it is time to dump the Windjammer, Ed.
That might be too traumatic, though.
Do Windjammers work well with Laminar Lips?
Rob V