New Toaster

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
Zombie Master

Re: New Toaster

Post by Zombie Master »

Throttle control is the the most important applied skill for riding a motorcycle. Anything that diminishes that control is a serious problem....IMO.
Any and all disclaimers may apply
Mottseng

Post by Mottseng »

Does anybody know how to take off the chrome side panels on the toaster tank? I have a few mild dents that I would like to fix.
1973 75/5
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

As I remember you remove the screws on the BMW roundel then slide the chrome panel towards the back. Might want to spray some WD at the upper edge of the chrome panel and let it soak. It's been many years since I had that tank on a Beemer. So I could be wrong.
Mottseng

Post by Mottseng »

ZM thanks for the info. Reading through some posts on this forum I now understand your pet peeve with the term `toaster`----- hahaha
1973 75/5
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

Mottseng wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:12 am ZM thanks for the info. Reading through some posts on this forum I now understand your pet peeve with the term `toaster`----- hahaha
For a motorcycle to be a named as a specific model, there must be some difference in some standard equipment. It could be as simple as an exhaust system or even a handle bar. A chrome tank emblem alone would not be given model status. There has to be some technical difference.

EX:

https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&site ... tTtkr2O3PM: