Rebuild forks?

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
Wobbly

Re: Rebuild forks?

Post by Wobbly »

Zombie Master wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:10 pm Not easy to find 100% synthetic fork fluids, what kind do you use?
Bel-Ray makes excellent synthetic fork oil. Their 1L bottles are enough for 2 changes on most Airheads.

http://www.belray.com/bel-ray-high-performance-fork-oil
After 20 years as a professional bike mechanic and 30 years as an engineer I know just enough to be dangerous !
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

Wobbly wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:35 pm
Zombie Master wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:10 pm Not easy to find 100% synthetic fork fluids, what kind do you use?
Bel-Ray makes excellent synthetic fork oil. Their 1L bottles are enough for 2 changes on most Airheads.

http://www.belray.com/bel-ray-high-performance-fork-oil
I don't see on the Bel Ray site, where this fluid is synthetic or even semi? There is no mention of synthetic even on their racing suspension oil. I can't imagine they would omit that bit of information when all their products state clearly when synthetic. They even list the type of synth on some products :(
Any and all disclaimers may apply
ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

Don't be fussed man. I recently changed my fork oil and don't even remember what brand it was. Whatever 10 wt I bought last time. I put 250ml in this time instead of stock 230 (iirc) gives a bit more air suspension. Good for another 5 years.

10 wt for a more demanding ride, 7.5 for the gentleman.
Lord of the Bings
melville

Post by melville »

ME 109 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:02 am Don't be fussed man. I recently changed my fork oil and don't even remember what brand it was. Whatever 10 wt I bought last time. I put 250ml in this time instead of stock 230 (iirc) gives a bit more air suspension. Good for another 5 years.

10 wt for a more demanding ride, 7.5 for the gentleman.
I don't think I've been called a gentleman before. Thank you.

Yes, Bel-Ray like Wobbly said.
Call me Mel. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me at home, I thought I would ride about a little and see the other parts of the world.