Swapping from rigid to flexible rear brake hose

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
Enforced_Leo44

Swapping from rigid to flexible rear brake hose

Post by Enforced_Leo44 »

Title is pretty self explanatory, I was looking forward to some suggestions/advices that anyone could give me about said swap, and if it's doable or wether it has any sense doing it

Also, what's the thread size of the rear brake master cylinder where it connects to the brake hose?
1983 BMW R100RS
Rob Frankham
Location: Scotland UK, 20 miles from civilisation up a dead end road!

Re: Swapping from rigid to flexible rear brake hose

Post by Rob Frankham »

Well... rigid lines are intrinsically more - well - rigid really than flexible lines so they are less likely to expand under the pressure of braking but, bearing in mind the lengths of hose involved on an airhead, I can't see that it'll make any noticeable difference. Any reason for moving away from stock?

Rob
ImageImageImage
Enforced_Leo44

Re: Swapping from rigid to flexible rear brake hose

Post by Enforced_Leo44 »

Rob Frankham wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:10 pm Well... rigid lines are intrinsically more - well - rigid really than flexible lines so they are less likely to expand under the pressure of braking but, bearing in mind the lengths of hose involved on an airhead, I can't see that it'll make any noticeable difference. Any reason for moving away from stock?

Rob
Not any particular reason besides style really, or maybe the ease of changing the “path” of said hose if I ever want to add some sort of accessories or mods
1983 BMW R100RS