Today in the shed you did...

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
RPGR90s

Re: Today in the shed you did...

Post by RPGR90s »

My brother in law came by with some old Airhead parts he didn't need anymore, so I spent the morning adding a brand new brake rod to my R90s. It was nice to take it all apart, clean and grease all the linkages. Now it's good for another 25 or 30k.
jackonz

Post by jackonz »

After waiting an age for the correct rear main oil seal and finding spare time my R80/7 is back together and ready for a WOF, (Warrant of Fitness, has to have one every 6 months), celebrated with a beer it started first go and thus far no leaks.

Happy new year to you all.
Phil J

Nelson NZ.
SteveD

Post by SteveD »

Abra524 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:27 am Today and the past few days I've been swapping the RS fairing off my R80 and putting an RT fairing on. Had got rewire the ignition switch from the side of the head lamp to the dash, lengthen the brake pipe for the high bars, reroute the choke cable. Had to purchase a longer clutch cable and upper throttle cable (still waiting for them to arrive... Xmas post and all that!). Fitting the screen a one fiddly, awkward and annoying job. need triple jointed wrists and not have stubby little fingers. :lol: .
Still got the brake to bleed and fit the remaining fasteners to the lower fairing and front bit with the steering gaiters. Another fiddly bit with superglue.. refit the tank and the seat then ready for a test ride weather permitting.

Then to put the RS fairing on the market will have to strike up eBay and see what they are going for.

It's been a rewarding job so far and my back will thank me on long rides. :roll:
How'd you go? All done?

I'm yet to fit my trans...it's been waiting for a month!
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

1982 R100RSR100RS supergallery. https://boxerboy81.smugmug.com/R100RS
2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.
mkj

Post by mkj »

I put the compression tester on my r80/7, a lovely 150 psi on the left and a flat zero on the right, this is I suppose is why the right side wont idle, I wish I had done it 6 months ago would have saved a lot of hassle. Took off valve cover and the tappets had closed up completely stopping the valves from closing, I loosened them off and back to good compression, I think the head is coming off in the near future.