Autumn leaves rally -Oz Boxerworks

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
ontic

Re: Autumn leaves rally -Oz Boxerworks

Post by ontic »

I'm a strong contender for a ride and camp over that weekend. Three to four nights away from home shouldn't get me into too much trouble. The R90 has just gotten a new starter motor and has a few other things on the list to do.
A meet up and ride with anyone from Melbourne direction heading to Bethanga sounds good with me, if anyone is keen.

One question though... Wee Jasper, on that weekend. Is this planned to coincide with the actual 'Autumn leaf Rally' being held by the Tumut Valley Moto club?
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873701
It seems to be but aside from the name of this thread and the location and date... I didn't actually hear specific reference to it.
1974 R90/6
1981 R80G/S
Mal S7

Post by Mal S7 »

Good to hear you are coming Ontic. Bob and i will be South of Bethanga by Wednesday. Anglers Rest if you are passing by.
And no rally connection at all, sheer spooky coincidence. Hope Wee Jasper is not too wee.

cheers
Mal
ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

So at this stage, we're all going to meet up at the main intersection in Wee Jasper and work out who's first shout at the tavern.
Sounds OK to me! :D

Time for google earth recon to find base camp.
Lord of the Bings
ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

A short search revealed 4-5 camping areas just a little south of Wee Jasper.
Amenities vary from site to site, and all seem to be managed with fees payable.
I'll call the tavern tomorrow and see if they will give the low down on the best place to camp.
I guess we need a shitter at least. :idea:
Lord of the Bings
ontic

Post by ontic »

Cheers Mal,
I'd love to make it through Anglers Rest again but I'll have to see how timing and work and funds and everything else goes as to whether I can take that much time off.
Are you staying at Anglers rest on the wednesday evening, or starting from there in the morning?
Due to budgetary reasons, I'll be strictly camping btw.

Glad to hear it is not the other big autumn leaves rallye, as something a bit smaller is more to my tastes right now.

This site shows the location of the other big Rallye, so we can errhhmmm... make sure we don't crowd out their camp... :?

http://www.angelfire.com/in/tvrmc/

I need a new camp chair!
Also a site with potential trout fishing would be nice!
1974 R90/6
1981 R80G/S
Bob Bennett

Post by Bob Bennett »

ontic wrote:Cheers Mal,
I'd love to make it through Anglers Rest again but I'll have to see how timing and work and funds and everything else goes as to whether I can take that much time off.
Are you staying at Anglers rest on the wednesday evening, or starting from there in the morning?
Due to budgetary reasons, I'll be strictly camping btw.

Glad to hear it is not the other big autumn leaves rallye, as something a bit smaller is more to my tastes right now.

This site shows the location of the other big Rallye, so we can errhhmmm... make sure we don't crowd out their camp... :?

http://www.angelfire.com/in/tvrmc/

I need a new camp chair!
Also a site with potential trout fishing would be nice!
G'day Hans
Yep, Mal and I will be o'nighting at Anglers Rest but no plans yet on which way from there,
Getting there via Delegate and McKillops Bridge. It'll be good to catch up again.
Regards, Bob
R80 RS
ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

Bob Bennett wrote:,
Getting there via Delegate and McKillops Bridge.
Ah, Mckillops bridge. The centre of the universe when I started exploring on bikes.
Lord of the Bings
Airbear
Location: Oz, lower right hand side, in a bit, just over the lumpy part.

Post by Airbear »

Autumn Leaf or Autumn Leaves. Ours will be far more interesting, I'm sure. Those poor buggers are only doing one leaf. We'll do lots.

Brunhilde is twitching on the front porch, trying to get enough momentum to rock off the centre-stand. I might have to chain her up. That's what a bit of palpable excitement about an upcoming event does to her ... or it could be a figment.

I'm very tempted to make it to Angler's Rest on the Wednesday. It is, after all, just along the road a bit from my place.
Charlie
and Brunhilde - 1974 R90/6

Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering and Design (Pending)
Bob Bennett

Post by Bob Bennett »

Airbear wrote:Autumn Leaf or Autumn Leaves. Ours will be far more interesting, I'm sure. Those poor buggers are only doing one leaf. We'll do lots.

Brunhilde is twitching on the front porch, trying to get enough momentum to rock off the centre-stand. I might have to chain her up. That's what a bit of palpable excitement about an upcoming event does to her ... or it could be a figment.

I'm very tempted to make it to Angler's Rest on the Wednesday. It is, after all, just along the road a bit from my place.
I hope you and Hans can join us Charlie, Brunhilde would surely enjoy those bends south of Mitta again.
Regards, Bob
R80 RS
grant81rs

Post by grant81rs »

Gidday Fellas,

Will be a no show for me and the "green machine" at this time and thats if "K's" are allowed to partake in such events and mingle with its older, more wise and worldly "R" cousins.
Anyway my bike is not registered yet, but I can confirm that my son approves of the seat and pillion position, also my new speedo is on its way from germany thanks to ebay and I have a few gremlins to sort out, but I am getting there slowing with this machine...

Hope your rally plans work out, the bottles of aged reds arrive in one piece and you all have a great time...

Enjoy and take some bloody good pix of the gathering.
Cheers, Grant
Gippsland - Australia

1978 R100RS
1981 R100RS
1994 K1100RS
2005 R1150gsa