Autumn leaves rally -Oz Boxerworks

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
ontic

Re: Autumn leaves rally -Oz Boxerworks

Post by ontic »

Hey Bob,
it will be great to meet up again.
I am not sure if I will make it to Anglers rest on the wednesday or meet up with everyone on thursday wherever everyone is.
One of my best mates looks like he will come along on his SR500 that we built up from a box of parts over the last year and a half. He is just sorting club rego and stuff now and I will plan to come up whenever it is that he can leave, either wednesday morning or thursday morning. Hopefully we have ironed out all the wrinkles from the SR and it makes it OK...
If he can't make it then I will aim for Anglers Wrest on wednesday eve, and currently I am trying to talk him into wrangling wednesday off work as well as friday off so we can do that anyway. Otherwise, if all things go well, we will just head up Thursday.
What is the plan after Anglers Wrest? Is it straight to Wee Jasper or to Bethanga first or something else?

Looking good for me to make it in general but the details will have to wait for a bit longer,
1974 R90/6
1981 R80G/S
Mal S7

Post by Mal S7 »

SR500 cool!
and a fun ride on a windy mountain road. Hope he gets there.

The plan is Bethanga for Thursday night. We can wake up Wednesday and then decide which road to take.
ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

Have you finished your new accommodation wing yet Charlie?
Thursday night is sounding rather good!
Lord of the Bings
SteveD

Post by SteveD »

If anyone is heading to Anglers Rest via Harrietville/Mt.Hotham...

To: Dargo High Plains Road, Hotham Heights

Traffic Alert. Road Damage

Great Alpine Road CLOSED at certain times between Harrietville and Dargo High Plains Road due to fire damage and landslip recovery works. ROAD OPENING TIMES - Weekdays overnight from 4.30pm to 8.30am.Weekends from 4.00pm Friday until 8.30am Monday.VicRoads advises motorists to seek an alternate route outside of this times.
Updated at: 03/04/2013 5:09pm
Sounds like a great weekend I'll be missin' out on! :cry:
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

1982 R100RSR100RS supergallery. https://boxerboy81.smugmug.com/R100RS
2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.
Airbear
Location: Oz, lower right hand side, in a bit, just over the lumpy part.

Post by Airbear »

Steve, thanks for the heads-up on the Hotham option. The Falls Creek to Anglers Rest road is very good now - Pete and I did it a few weeks ago. And there's always the fun road through Mitta, from my end.

Bob, thanks for the invite. Weather permitting, I'll see yez at Anglers. Hope we get the good spot.

Re accommodations at Bethanga on Thursday - I'll put up a tent or two beforehand and arrange a gas barbecue.
And Jeff, you'd better come out too, to complete the picture.

Grant, sorry to hear that you will be unable to make it this time. Next one, eh? O, and don't worry about appearing on a K - we are only slightly bigoted. Crikey, we even welcomed a fekkin' Harley rider to the Walnuts run a while back.
Charlie
and Brunhilde - 1974 R90/6

Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering and Design (Pending)
ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

Airbear wrote: Crikey, we even welcomed a fekkin' Harley rider to the Walnuts run a while back.
With open arms, eh Charlie! :mrgreen:
I should be good for Thursdy!
Lord of the Bings
Doug

Post by Doug »

blokes.
doesnt like being possible to negotiate the Wee 'Jasper weekend. i did coome over the Hotham road from Omeo last week andcan report condition. the road is closed from h
arrietville to the Dargo turn off from 8am till 4.30 so that work can proceed uninterrupted by traffic. We came through at 4.30 and for most of the road , it is fine. there are 2 or 3 sections of single lane open where the road has collapsed , and many of the guard rails have been damaged or have disappeared. the main other actiivity is timber salvage. the road from o eo to the top was fine.

Incidently, we rode uo to the Snowys over the
khancoben Cabramurra link road!.... it is a great ride... bugger all traffic but spectacular riding..
good luck
Doug
Airbear
Location: Oz, lower right hand side, in a bit, just over the lumpy part.

Post by Airbear »

ME 109 wrote:
Airbear wrote: Crikey, we even welcomed a fekkin' Harley rider to the Walnuts run a while back.
With open arms, eh Charlie! :mrgreen:
I should be good for Thursdy!
Well, he did provide a certain ambience to the occasion.

Doug, good to see that you and Dean made it back.
Yeah, that run from Khancoban to Cabramurra is a cracker. There's a very comfortable hut along there, too. With undercover parking for the weary motorcyclist.

Sorry you won't be making it to WJ. We'll have to have extra fun on your behalf.
Charlie
and Brunhilde - 1974 R90/6

Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering and Design (Pending)
Mal S7

Post by Mal S7 »

Thats a great pic Charlie. Makes me itch to get to the high country. Hope the roads are clear or at least blocked near a nice vacant hut.
Mal S7

Post by Mal S7 »

Well, I have started packing. Leaving this weekend for a week on the road, Wee Jasper the long way round. Tent, sleeping bag & mat, groundsheet, folding seat, tools, sheepskin, cooking gear and utensils, fishing gear, torch, and clothes ...

and somehow to fit all this on the bike and still leave room for food n wine!

Tips n tricks most welcome on what to take and how to pack it.

Cheers
Mal