Rob Needs a New Brain

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
Deleted User 287

Re: Rob Needs a New Brain

Post by Deleted User 287 »

OK, this gives me an excuse to use the "Code" button at the top of the reply box.

This is what you want to put in the reply, Jean.

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.pbase.com/tomfarr/image/63635571/medium.jpg[/img]
-or-

[img]
followed by the URL of the picture (it has to be out on the 'net, somewhere), and then followed buy

[/img]

And "img" has to be in lower case, I am pretty sure.
Jean

Post by Jean »

I LOVE YA, Rob.
(why not post the pic of my R75/5 while you're at it.)
I thought everybody knew who was who....
BTW, I actually saved someone's bacon at the rally, Sunday morning with one of my "The weirdest thing happened to ME with MY /5." The same thing happened to him, and he checked that, and fixed it really quick!!
Electrical.

This is getting better than any OIL-thread. We are up to 14 pages!!
OK. Ref. posting images: the picture might be on the net somewhere, but the one I was referring to (schematic of 4-way flashers) is on MY hard drive. So I suppose I'd have to put it someplace out there in electron-land, give it a name, and then send you-all out to it.
Clemson, SC
R100s, R75/5
Deleted User 287

So I suppose I'd have to put it someplace out there in electron-land, give it a name, and then send you-all out to it
That's the trick.

You have a folder in your User Control Panel, here on the forum, where you can load pictures. Then link from there!
But I just tried it, and it wouldn't let me create a new folder (it would have been my first), so that I could load an image.
It must be a "snafu".
Major Softie

Post by Major Softie »

justoneoftheguys wrote:
So I suppose I'd have to put it someplace out there in electron-land, give it a name, and then send you-all out to it
That's the trick.

You have a folder in your User Control Panel, here on the forum, where you can load pictures. Then link from there!
But I just tried it, and it wouldn't let me create a new folder (it would have been my first), so that I could load an image.
It must be a "snafu".
That feature still hasn't been activated, as far as I know.
MS - out
Jean

Post by Jean »

As interesting as this all is....we REALLY want to hear about the tranny.
And...If I want to post a picture, I'll just do as I have for the past umpty-years. Send it to Rob and he knows what to DO! (with computer stuff, anyhow.)
Clemson, SC
R100s, R75/5
esman100

Post by esman100 »

Rob, are you riding?
Jeff
Washougal, WA
'76 R90/6 "Eva"
'62 R60/2-R75/5 Conversion
Deleted User 287

No, it is cold outside. I spent this last week with an intestinal bug, and finished the week working 3 14-hour days in a row. The first two were only 11 hours or so.

Oh - and the transmission is starting to die in my '96 Mazda 626 (180,000mi). I doubt I will get it fixed. It would cost at least 5 times of what the car is worth. Time to go into debt...
Not a good time for me and transmissions!
gspd

Post by gspd »

justoneoftheguys wrote: Oh - and the transmission is starting to die in my '96 Mazda 626 (180,000mi).
Automatic or manual?
Have you checked the oil/ATF level ?
Mechanic from Hell
"I remember every raging second of it...
My bike was on fire, the road was on fire, and I was on fire.
It was the best ride ever!"
Jean

Post by Jean »

OOOOOH, gspd.
LOW blow!!!!
It MUST be an automatic or it wouldn't "die" with such low milage.
Rob, it probably just needs a new filter and fresh oil.
Clemson, SC
R100s, R75/5
Deleted User 287

The car's transmission is an automatic (yawn), and I am the 3rd owner. I should have had it serviced when I first bought the car 3 1/2 years ago, but I didn't.

I think it was Tuesday or Wed. that I took it to my mechanic (flashing O/D Off light at highway speed) and he pulled the dipstick and showed me all of the particulate matter in the not-so-red fluid. He said if we changed the fluid now, I would just loose that friction material, as well, and it would probably begin slipping even more. I asked about the possibility of a bad speed sensor (research), and he said possibly, if my speedometer dropped to zero. But no, it works just fine.

Would you invest $2500-3500 in getting this unit rebuilt? Not me. I am using it as a personal excuse to get into a car that I have been wanting for a while, now - a 5-speed Civic. Probably a 4-door, simply because opening the rear windows at speed greatly reduces the turbulence of having the front windows down. And whenever possible, that is how I enjoy my driving.

Motorcycling has become a one-way money pit for me these last two years, and I think I need some major bootstrap-pulling.