VERY NICE INDEED FELLAS!!

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
grant81rs

VERY NICE INDEED FELLAS!!

Post by grant81rs »

Gidday Fellas,

I was busily signwriting in my workshop Wednesday, you know how it goes, the radios up very loud, broom in the hand, the hips were doing their thing as I was in full "air-guitar" mode rock'in off, when I hear this familiar noise approaching the building and pull up outside.....Shit I thought and quickly stopped the "Angus" from ACDC impersonations and put the broom down then walk out to investigate...And look what was sitting out the front.

My wife had rode it in and was standing there "Happy Birthday Babe", Bloody hell WTF........

"I Love You Daring"

"I Know You Like Orange"

Hang On! Hang On!........Sorry I got carried away again, it's not my birthday and my lovely wife cannot ride a bike........but I love my thought!!

Standing there a bloke getting his helmet off....."Gidday Grant, my names Roger I hear you have a nice old RS"......
Well you get the picture now fellas, we talked about bikes for a while and yes this lovely R90s.
3rd owner, 460,00kms and Roger has just got it back on the road after a resto, Bloke in Melbourne done the paintwork and its very nice also.
Rogers lives just over the hill in Mirboo North, 53yrs old and a great down to earth bloke...
Told me to stop by his house anytime for a chat and to keep in touch

Cheers
Grant
Cheers, Grant
Gippsland - Australia

1978 R100RS
1981 R100RS
1994 K1100RS
2005 R1150gsa
Airbear
Location: Oz, lower right hand side, in a bit, just over the lumpy part.

Re: VERY NICE INDEED FELLAS!!

Post by Airbear »

Good one mate. You had me going there for a while.

Roger's bike looks very sweet (you know, like, for an S). I hope you have recruited him to the forum. Some very nice roads around Mirboo North, too.

ps: Watch out, Grant. One day Lisa is going to give you a bike for your birthday and you are going to post about it here and nobody will believe you. Just sayin'
Charlie
and Brunhilde - 1974 R90/6

Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering and Design (Pending)
grant81rs

Post by grant81rs »

If only Charlie!!

Theres the trip to Italy first and then theres the matter of the upstairs extention that needs to be addressed so she keeps teasing me with.........But yes another bike in the stable would be nice.....
Cheers, Grant
Gippsland - Australia

1978 R100RS
1981 R100RS
1994 K1100RS
2005 R1150gsa
Ross

Post by Ross »

Here I am singing the praises about your wife to Jan and then I read down that she didn't do this at all. For this you will get paint chip karma on your fairing Grant. hehehehehe

R90s are tops.
Me wittle bit of the web........http://rossmz.blogspot.com/
00weel

Same here!

Post by 00weel »

GEEEEZ Grant! First I read your having fun at work, then a familiar noise we all dig rings louder in your head which puts the music to the background, then we see this beautiful DO R90s in pictures and how your wife rode it up and gave it to you and all I can think is what a LUCKY Sumbitch! Only to find out it was a good story that had me going. FOOOKING good one! Nice start of the day post for me! THANKS Grant!
Jeff in W.C.

Post by Jeff in W.C. »

What 00weel said
Jeff in W.C.
1988 R100 RT
2018 R1200 GS
"I've got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time." Joe Strummer/Clash
SteveD

Post by SteveD »

Grant.... That bike needs a decent run...maybe to Talbingo! Invite him along.
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

1982 R100RSR100RS supergallery. https://boxerboy81.smugmug.com/R100RS
2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.
KenHawk

Post by KenHawk »

Whew!!! That was close!

I thought for a minute that I was going to have to die from envy, kill you and try to get the bike or steal your wife but once I read that it belongs to some other old geezer... Well, that saved me a fortune in airfare! A Daytona Orange R90S is my all-time favorite dream-bike. No kidding!

I entered my Hot Rod bitza-bike in the Airhead Concourse at the BMW National Rally and lost to an R90S. I was really upset until I met the owner and got to see his bike. It was a gray/smoke bike, 59K miles, as perfect as you could imagine. The owner had ridden it in from Las Vegas, whereas 90% of the guys with bikes that nice, would probably have pulled em on a trailer.

If someones bike has to be prettier than mine, let it be an R90S!

If the revolution was televised, Americans would watch "Dancing with the Stars".
dwerbil

Post by dwerbil »

HEE HAW! That was a good one!

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock