All you need to know about boxer charging.

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
SteveD

All you need to know about boxer charging.

Post by SteveD »

It's back in print. Don't wait too long to get your copy.

http://www.motoelekt.com/goodstuff.htm
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

1982 R100RSR100RS supergallery. https://boxerboy81.smugmug.com/R100RS
2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.
Primate

Re: All you need to know about boxer charging.

Post by Primate »

Good! Curious about what the price will be, given that the cheapest one on Amazon, used, is a very reasonable

$85 :shock:
1974 R90/6 ::Thor::
"Bones aren't important; we like motorcycles." --My boy D @ 4 years.
Jeff in W.C.

Post by Jeff in W.C. »

Primate wrote:Good! Curious about what the price will be, given that the cheapest one on Amazon, used, is a very reasonable

Damn. I should have purchased a whole bunch of them years ago instead of just one. That's some appreciation.
Jeff in W.C.
1988 R100 RT
2018 R1200 GS
"I've got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time." Joe Strummer/Clash
Ken in Oklahoma

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

Wow, $85 for a small thin book is a lot. I don't remember what I paid for my copy, years ago, but I think it was "expensive" at about $45. Having agreed that it's expensive (you saw this coming didn't you?) it's worth it. The book really is well done.

Possibly a web page about airhead charging systems will show up, and be approaching the book in usefulness. But I haven't seen it yet. Until then I would buy the book, at least if I had a pressing charging problem that I wanted to fix.

Ken

Post by esman100 »

That little book stays on my bike wherever I go. I was on the side of the road on a hot afternoon thirsty for beer. I had lost all power and that little book helped me make it to the beer garden at a rally before closing. I say it's worth every penny when your stranded.
Jeff
Washougal, WA
'76 R90/6 "Eva"
'62 R60/2-R75/5 Conversion
esman100

Post by esman100 »

That little book stays on my bike wherever I go. I was on the side of the road on a hot afternoon thirsty for beer. I had lost all power and that little book helped me make it to the beer garden at a rally before closing. I say it's worth every penny when your stranded.
Jeff
Washougal, WA
'76 R90/6 "Eva"
'62 R60/2-R75/5 Conversion
Ken in Oklahoma

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

esman100 wrote:That little book stays on my bike wherever I go. I was on the side of the road on a hot afternoon thirsty for beer. I had lost all power and that little book helped me make it to the beer garden at a rally before closing. I say it's worth every penny when your stranded.
esman100 wrote:That little book stays on my bike wherever I go. I was on the side of the road on a hot afternoon thirsty for beer. I had lost all power and that little book helped me make it to the beer garden at a rally before closing. I say it's worth every penny when your stranded.
That's easy for you to say. :lol:

Ken

Post by Primate »

Ken in Oklahoma wrote:
That's easy for you to say. :lol:

Ken
Worth saying twice, Ken ;)

Just about every Airhead guru (of every stripe) I've met have all pretty much said the same thing. When the new editions are ready, Ima gettin me one so I'll understand more than the stupid little I know about electrics.
1974 R90/6 ::Thor::
"Bones aren't important; we like motorcycles." --My boy D @ 4 years.
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

Jeff in W.C. wrote:
Primate wrote:Good! Curious about what the price will be, given that the cheapest one on Amazon, used, is a very reasonable

Damn. I should have purchased a whole bunch of them years ago instead of just one. That's some appreciation.
Well it does have "explicit pictures". :roll:
Garnet

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

I hope Rick doesn't check Amazon.
Ed Miller
'81 R65
'70 Bonneville
Falls City, OR

"Gasoline makes people stupid." -- Chuey
"I'll believe corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." Bumper sticker