Deals Gap Pics

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
Chuey

Re: Ton is still fun.

Post by Chuey »

I made up a saying. "Vintage, because the ton is still fun."

I had a newer bike and it was better in any quantifiable way. It still didn't have the emotional appeal for me that my older ones have. I'll probably get another modern bike but I won't expect it to be more fulfilling than my airheads.

Chuey
mattcfish

Re: Deals Gap Pics

Post by mattcfish »

This reminds me to never post a picture of my riding style.
The only way to discribe it is "out of practice". Since having kids 10 years ago my abilities and riding confidance have gone down hill. I went from a daily rider to a few times a month and 2 big rides a year.
After the 2000 miles ride I did last year I could almost say I was close to riding the way I did in my 20's.

It doesn't stop me from continuing to modify the bike though and dreaming big. Some day the kids will go off on there own and my wife will want me out of the house.
Bellingham, WA USA
1975 BMW R90/6
1975 BMW 2002
1971 VW Westfalia
1985 VW Vanagon
http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/b ... s.1074183/
hudson

Post by hudson »

mattcfish - I know how you feel. I am not a daily rider. More a weekend warrior and a couple trips a year as well. Sometimes I squeeze in some weeknights, but not always. I don't care what criticism I get. I just take the good out of it and ignore the put downs. I realize I am not a "professional" out there. I just have fun with my buddies. If someone don't like how I negotiated a curve, I don't care. I am constantly learning and I am not too proud to admit it. Each year I get better and learn from past rides. Its called gaining experience - some people forget they had to do the same and act like they were born with it. If that makes them feel more of a man, I don't care. I think the majority of us would like to have you share your pics, videos and experiences, so matter what your level, just share bro! : )
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

hudson wrote: I think the majority of us would like to have you share your pics, videos and experiences, so matter what your level, just share bro! : )
+1

As long as yer havin fun.
Garnet

vanzen

Share & enjoy

Post by vanzen »

Keeping firmly in mind that we are all here because we "enjoy the experience"
and that we will all enjoy the experience as we can and to our abilities –

Those facts are paramount.
No additional hierarchy should ever be needed.
Deleted User 287

Post by Deleted User 287 »

vanzen@rockerboxer.com wrote:enjoy the experience as we can and to our abilities –
I'm saving up for my next bike now: http://www.thomaspinballinc.com/index.php?productID=405
mattcfish

Post by mattcfish »

justoneoftheguys wrote:
vanzen@rockerboxer.com wrote:enjoy the experience as we can and to our abilities –
I'm saving up for my next bike now: http://www.thomaspinballinc.com/index.php?productID=405
My ten year old son kicks my butt on those all the time.
Bellingham, WA USA
1975 BMW R90/6
1975 BMW 2002
1971 VW Westfalia
1985 VW Vanagon
mattcfish

Post by mattcfish »

hudson wrote:mattcfish - I know how you feel. I am not a daily rider. More a weekend warrior and a couple trips a year as well. Sometimes I squeeze in some weeknights, but not always. I don't care what criticism I get. I just take the good out of it and ignore the put downs. I realize I am not a "professional" out there. I just have fun with my buddies. If someone don't like how I negotiated a curve, I don't care. I am constantly learning and I am not too proud to admit it. Each year I get better and learn from past rides. Its called gaining experience - some people forget they had to do the same and act like they were born with it. If that makes them feel more of a man, I don't care. I think the majority of us would like to have you share your pics, videos and experiences, so matter what your level, just share bro! : )
Just between you and me, I think the /5 looks real good in that corner.
Bellingham, WA USA
1975 BMW R90/6
1975 BMW 2002
1971 VW Westfalia
1985 VW Vanagon
vanzen

Post by vanzen »

justoneoftheguys wrote: I'm saving up for my next bike now
I will still like this choice best:
Chuey

Post by Chuey »

vanzen@rockerboxer.com wrote:
justoneoftheguys wrote: I'm saving up for my next bike now
I will still like this choice best:
A-so, then "Long Tank San" will be your name.

Chuey