Southeast Oz gathering

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
Zombie Master

Re: Southeast Oz gathering

Post by Zombie Master »

Sigh.....I wish I could be there. Sounds like the perfect outing. When you add the trout fishing and some butter; what more could you want? Hope you don't get your asses kicked by the roos!
Any and all disclaimers may apply
ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

Zombie Master wrote:Sigh.....I wish I could be there. Sounds like the perfect outing. When you add the trout fishing and some butter; what more could you want? Hope you don't get your asses kicked by the roos!
Get on aeroplane, come here...
You can ride my bike, I will find another one.
Lord of the Bings
hzbloke

Post by hzbloke »

Sorry blokes, yet again I won't be joining you. Both me and the bike are a bit the worse for wear at the moment. I'm seeing the surgeon this arvo but I'm pretty sure he won't say "Sure, you can go for a ride next weekend".

Have a beaut time. Post many photos so that the non-attendees can be very jealous.

Cheers
Ray
1986 BMW R65
2008 Moto Guzzi Breva 750
2019 Kawasaki Z900rs
Airbear
Location: Oz, lower right hand side, in a bit, just over the lumpy part.

Post by Airbear »

hzbloke wrote:Sorry blokes, yet again I won't be joining you. Both me and the bike are a bit the worse for wear at the moment. I'm seeing the surgeon this arvo but I'm pretty sure he won't say "Sure, you can go for a ride next weekend".

Have a beaut time. Post many photos so that the non-attendees can be very jealous.

Cheers
Ray
That's a bummer, Ray. Seeing a surgeon is one of my least favourite things to do. Surgery means recuperation, and I suspect we all have a limited number of recuperations that we can do with dignity. I hope it all works out well for you, and we'll do our best to have sufficient fun on behalf of absent friends.
Charlie
and Brunhilde - 1974 R90/6

Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering and Design (Pending)
DucatiPete

Post by DucatiPete »

Hey y'all,
Just a quickie to confirm my attendance for this run.
I was up at Charlie's earlier this week, we caught up with Jeff, and this 'gathering' was discussed as a possibility. We did consider the tight timeline and proximity to xmas, but decided that if possible we should just do it... I'll be surprised if many will be able to come along, as the most posts indicate, but it was a bit of a rushed decision after all. Hopefully there'll be another 'gathering' in Autumn? And that might just be one of the many discussions we'll wander through while up at Geehi...
I've got my mate's R100S in my shop at the mo, waiting on a motobins order to arrive. When it does we should get it back together in a reasonably short period, all going well. He's indicated that he may be able to come along too, if the gods are kind. We don't have a bunch of time to allocate to it so it might be tight, but it won't be the first time...
I spoke to Ken on Wednesday. He said he wouldn't be able to make it due to prior commitments, but did say Mark (from Tatong) was keen on getting away anytime soon. I'm guessing this run is in fact confirmed as "a goer". If so, I'll see if i can pass on the details to Mark asap.
pete
Airbear

Post by Airbear »

Yep, it's a goer, Pete.
And there might be a couple of other non BMW riders coming.
Charlie

ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

Just wait till I see that brother of mine!
Charlie, I'll bring the roundells for the non-bmw riders.
Lord of the Bings
Mal S7

Post by Mal S7 »

Sounds like a great escape fellas!

But I can't make it to this one. :-(

Work and home is all too busy. I get a precious week off at xmas that I had hoped to use to do a long overdue tear down of the /7. The clutch pivot pin keeps working its way up and out and I still have the front end + brakes and carbs to do. BUT ... it looks like my xmas break will be lost to house renovations. sigh .. oh well, I will bank some brownie points for the Autumn run.

Have a great ride and take good quirky pictures to share.

cheers
Mal
Airbear

Post by Airbear »

Mal S7 wrote: Have a great ride and take good quirky pictures to share.

cheers
Mal
We certainly will, Mal.
BTW, I replaced my clutch pivot pin with a bolt and nyloc nut. Highly recommended.

Have a great festive thingamy and renovation.
Charlie

Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

Enjoy fellas ! :D
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know"
The Grateful Dead