The time has come....

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
Deleted User 61

Re: The time has come....

Post by Deleted User 61 »

It looks like it has a lot of potential - as long as you don't get a coolant leak! ;)
The Bigfella

Post by The Bigfella »

My first road bike (after a Vespa bush basher) was a big thumper... a '49 Matchless 500.... so this one brings back some memories. Damn thing probably isn't much slower than the R90S either... It will make a nice stablemate.
Deleted User 61

Post by Deleted User 61 »

And it probably has some relatively impressive brakes!
The Bigfella

Post by The Bigfella »

After 3,500km in Vietnam on a scooter with no front brakes, I'm still over-using the rear... have gone sideways a couple of times...., but yes - they aren't bad. I have to say, having just fitted big, wide Brembo's to my M5... the bike is nowhere near as good in the braking section.
Major Softie

Post by Major Softie »

The Bigfella wrote:After 3,500km in Vietnam on a scooter with no front brakes, I'm still over-using the rear... have gone sideways a couple of times...., but yes - they aren't bad. I have to say, having just fitted big, wide Brembo's to my M5... the bike is nowhere near as good in the braking section.
Actually, that would be true even with a new bike. Sport Rider just did a comparison of the S1000RR and the M3. The only place the car beat the bike was a solid thrashing in braking G's.
MS - out
The Bigfella

Post by The Bigfella »

Progress!

A midnight email from Ontic alerted me to some Dellorto carbies. I woke a certain gentleman up this morning methinks, and they are winging their way to me now. Of course, I forgot to get the other things I need off him... but they can wait. I need the carbies on and the engine in the frame so that I can work on the frame strengthening.
Chuey

Post by Chuey »

The Bigfella wrote:I put half a dozen loads of bits through the ultrasonic cleaner today. That thing is brilliant. The crud just rises off the parts like a cloud of fog.
What medium is in the ultrasonic cleaner? What quality level is the ult. cleaner? I bought one from Harbor Freight and it doesn't do much.

Chuey
Major Softie

Post by Major Softie »

Chuey wrote: What medium is in the ultrasonic cleaner? What quality level is the ult. cleaner? I bought one from Harbor Freight and it doesn't do much.

Chuey
I've been curious about those. I was really tempted, but also had my usual questions about whether or not the Harbor freight product was one of their good deals, or one of their worthless items.
MS - out
The Bigfella

Post by The Bigfella »

I'm not sure about the cleaner. My neighbour gave me a bottle of white powder. It worked well
Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

I'm going to report that to Oz Pol ! :lol:
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know"
The Grateful Dead