Take airhead to Europe?

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
Ridercam

Re: Take airhead to Europe?

Post by Ridercam »

Finally met up with KC after the rains. My wife is a recognized travel leader & experet and through her connections the places we stayed were over the top... Our classic airhead fir right in among the celebrities and jet set.

Exploring in Les Baux and St Remy & Provence on the ultimate motorcycle truly is the way to go. Visiting the Carrieres de Lumieres exhibit was a highlight! La vie est belle! 🇫🇷🏍❤️

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0mDuLFdIi8[/youtube]
Last edited by Ridercam on Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
I always brake in corners and think how I am going to get home if I really mess up. When I get home, I wished that I hadn't used my brakes and should have ridden a bit further.
Ridercam

Post by Ridercam »

The Bullfights were going on in Arles. The fans were excited and the town was celebrating its ancient tradition.

I always brake in corners and think how I am going to get home if I really mess up. When I get home, I wished that I hadn't used my brakes and should have ridden a bit further.
Ridercam

Post by Ridercam »

The next day we rented a car and headed out to The Camargue is something really special. Exploring it is incredible. It should be on your bucket list too. Wild horses, flamingos, castles and forts, beaches and more.

Next time on an airhead!

[youtube]https://youtu.be/rRUQkPU_4mo[/youtube]

And ending with a swim in the Med then a great burger for dinner.

Last edited by Ridercam on Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ridercam

Post by Ridercam »

We took advantage of a lazy day at our place. Sometimes it is good to do nothing by the pool due to the busy schedule ahead of us.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/kW6iusO7ZU4[/youtube]

The next day - My wife need to go move for work and I need to some more riding time. I had a few days before I needed to be back to Heidelberg and then Berlin.

I took the days to ride all over Provence to the Hill top towns east of Les Baux, through Aix down to Antibes via Marseille along the Mediterranean coast to Genoa to Turino following the coast as much as I could, then north through Piedmont on small roads through the St. Bernard pass into Switzerland and zig zagging through mountains and valleys to the Black Forest in Germany.

In antibes I found a decent 2 start hotel near the beach and marina for 40 euros a night including breakfast. The parking was secure under the watchful eye of the overnight clerk.

Found a place to park near the beach, changed behind the bike into my swimsuit and walk on to the beach. Water was perfect and the girls were topless. A beautiful day all day.

The road along the coast to Monaco and Monte Carlo.

Last edited by Ridercam on Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ridercam

Post by Ridercam »

some more photos of Provence before I leave France for Italy.

Did I tell you I love breakfast.

After breakfast I studied the maps where I wanted to go...

did some wonderful one and two lane roads.

And always thought about dinner. Regional fried cheese and bacon served on a bed of healthy.

Ridercam

Post by Ridercam »

The riding from Genoa through Turin to the Alps via single lane roads, two lane streets, medieval towns and modern industrial cites was spectacular. I did miss KC and the tranquility of Provence. The Piedmont of Italy is worth every liter of gas. Stopping to taste the local pizza is highly recommended.

As I rode through the Peidemont, Italy. Stopped in Turin as my jump off spot to do the Italian alps. Thought I’d share some of what I saw at the Museo Nazionale dell'Automobile. Home of Fiat and Italian car culture.

On my wonderbike I managed again to get front door parking!

Last edited by Ridercam on Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ridercam

Post by Ridercam »

A full 3 block car museum

One of the first cars you see..

car for 1891

more cars from that decade.

Ridercam

Post by Ridercam »

Americans forget that Fiat and the dozens of factories around Turin is so significant to autos and bike. These makers of the peidmont really were innovators.

Ridercam

Post by Ridercam »

The secret to Italian car development in Turin was the proximity of all the builders and sub contractors which enabled the industry. Here in a large room - you can walk from mine to mill, from factory to factory from shop to shop - it brings together why it was all possible. All nestled under the shadow of the Alps.

Ridercam

Post by Ridercam »