Take airhead to Europe?

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
Ridercam

Re: Take airhead to Europe?

Post by Ridercam »

I always brake in corners and think how I am going to get home if I really mess up. When I get home, I wished that I hadn't used my brakes and should have ridden a bit further.
Ridercam

Post by Ridercam »

Lindau an island medieval walled town is a very old settlement and trading post before the Romans came in the first century. Situated on a large lake, the natural beauty and obvious strategic point makes for a local tourist destination. riding the bike there was easy Forest and lake leg. It is worth the stop if you ever come around these parts on your own.

Medieval harbor with a lighthouse. Excursion boats and ferry are available to take you across. Great gelato and nice lake front promenade in this great german town that borders Austria and Switzerland.

I always brake in corners and think how I am going to get home if I really mess up. When I get home, I wished that I hadn't used my brakes and should have ridden a bit further.
Ridercam

Post by Ridercam »

The second half of day - riding to Davos, Switzerland. To get to Davos I needed two road tags - Austria and Switzerland.
in total I road 4 countries in a day. German, Austria, Lichtenstein and Switzerland. Total for day from Titisee to Davos 350 miles.

Rest stop in Switzerland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nuc7T2-Fvjo
Ridercam

Post by Ridercam »

Once in Davos I found another good find Hotel Stella - a simple room with a view with breakfast included. About 60 SF or 63 US.

View from bed.

Food is a bit more expensive. First Pizza dinner around the corner from hotel. Very good!

Ridercam

Post by Ridercam »

Woke up in Davos with a goal to ride the great Fluela Pass that lends a way to Italy and the Dolomites. With my wife in Verona heading toward the lake region I was my hope to do Stelvio as well.

Flüela Pass (elevation 2383 m) is a high mountain pass in the Swiss Alps in the canton of Graubünden. The road connects Davos and Susch in the lower Engadin valley. The first 13kms are hair pin climbs up to a beautiful mountain stop then a 13kms ride down with the same wonderful switchbacks add the extensions it is 46 kms of pure road joy.

Fleuka Pass seen from railroad yard in Davos. The pass is no longer year around since the tunnels came in.

Ridercam

Post by Ridercam »

It is a bummer that I can not embed video. The video of the pass.

https://youtu.be/WNCRBsP885w

there were many of passes for the Alps are closed for the next few weeks. Stelvio and Furka will have to take another time... maybe next summer.

The next several posts are embarrassingly over the top. When staying with my wife.... 5 stars is the norm. It was beyond my expections. Sadly, I did not get the spa treatments (in hindsight I should have).
Ridercam

Post by Ridercam »

Heading into the Italian Alps and into the lake country.

Finally coming to rest meeting at the luxurious Lefay Resort. https://www.lefayresorts.com/eng

https://youtu.be/tLFIoTwxKy0

view from our room...

Ridercam

Post by Ridercam »

woke to birds singing... what a change from the jets and urban life of mine.

https://youtu.be/WGnBScSr6U8
Ridercam

Post by Ridercam »

Well rested, properly feed and dress for adventure I headed towards Erbusco, Lombardy, Italy for a special day of riding and more!

Ridercam

Post by Ridercam »

Do you want me to take you inside?