A day out for the girls...

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
Rob Frankham
Location: Scotland UK, 20 miles from civilisation up a dead end road!

A day out for the girls...

Post by Rob Frankham »

Yesterday was the day of the Rannoch Highland Gathering (Highland Games), the high day of the year in the Scottish village of Kinloch Rannoch. A couple of weeks ago, Sandy the secretary said to me " We're having a small display of classic vehicles this year,we've got a number of cars coming, would you like to bring one of your bikes?"... "I'll bring them all if you like.", quoth I. "That would be great." says he.

By the time the day dawned I hade given all of the bikes a clean, prepared and laminated descripton sheets, made up support planks for the stands and all was ready.

In between helping SWMBO set up her stall, we ferried the bikes to the field and I set them up in the designated area ("over the back next to the toilets mate"...) noting the while, the lack of any other classic vehicles. Sadly, it was raining quite hard so I suppose the owners didn't want to get their barn queens damp. Eventually an MGF turned up and then there were four.

Happily, just before the main event started, the skies cleared and the afternoon turned out to be bright and warm. In between organising the adult track events and otherwise assisting, I kept an eye on the bikes which did seem to receive some interest and a great day was had by all...

I did say that the skies cleared and they did... that is until the time came to clear the field and take the bikes home when - yes you guessed it - the rain set in again. But then, as anyone who lives in Scotland knows, the Gaelic gods have a basic and uncomplicated sense of humour when it comes to the plans and aspirations of human beings.

At the end of the day, it was a great gathering and with the decent afternoon weather, the attendance was pretty good. Three ladies are a recurrent theme in Gaelic, Norse and Teutonic myth and I like to think that the presence of these three teutonic beldames was a good augury for the event... in any case, it was nice to see them out and about together...

RHG1(small).jpg
RHG1(small).jpg (129.7 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
Rob
ImageImageImage
SteveD

Re: A day out for the girls...

Post by SteveD »

Thanks Rob. Glad you had fun.
It sounds just like Melbourne weather.
:lol:
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

1982 R100RSR100RS supergallery. https://boxerboy81.smugmug.com/R100RS
2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.
Airbear
Location: Oz, lower right hand side, in a bit, just over the lumpy part.

Re: A day out for the girls...

Post by Airbear »

I am imagining those three buxom ladies getting tipsy on sherry as the day progressed.

I trust that you kept them away from this sort of thing:

Charlie
and Brunhilde - 1974 R90/6

Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering and Design (Pending)