Motorcycling & motion sickness

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
SteveD

Re: Motorcycling & motion sickness

Post by SteveD »

No fires but the poor buggers that got damaged by them seem to be on a waiting list for support. C-19 has overwhelmed the news mostly.
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

1982 R100RSR100RS supergallery. https://boxerboy81.smugmug.com/R100RS
2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.
Rob

Post by Rob »

One of the last interstate rides I took on a motorcycle (my R65) was in 2011. I remember crossing a deep valley on a high bridge and feeling a wave of panic I had never felt before. It seems, when one looks to the side to take in the view (sightsee), the bike tends to follow one's glance. It scared me.
I had to quit partaking before riding a LONG time ago, but since I have been on Boxerworks. That shit REALLY messed with my equilibrium. Stopped me from having seizures, though!

In my car, I never worried much about my belly - it's seems holding onto the steering wheel does the trick, but I've never taken family members out rallying. :)

In rideshare driving, I saw something a long time ago that said to drive like your grandmother is in the back seat with a large vessel of hot soup in her lap.
Rob V
Rob Frankham
Location: Scotland UK, 20 miles from civilisation up a dead end road!

Post by Rob Frankham »

It's called target fixation... If you aren't aware, you go where you look...

Rob
ImageImageImage