Look familiar?

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
SteveD

Re: Look familiar?

Post by SteveD »

Damn Scot, that's a shame. I hope things take a better turn shortly.

I'd spruik that paint job more I think. It sure looks good.

Does the oem seat come with it?

Would you post the brace to Oz?
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

1982 R100RSR100RS supergallery. https://boxerboy81.smugmug.com/R100RS
2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.
dwerbil

Post by dwerbil »

Sorry Scot, about your bike. I can't imagine you without it. Maybe another job will come by your way real soon for you to keep the old girl.

Anywho, not being one to upset the deep funk bandwagon we're in here, but to add to it.... I might as well say that good old Flo is going to be gone soon.

http://www.pbase.com/dwerbil/image/79311783/original

I'm in a second layoff in a calendar year now this past month; and with four bikes in the garage, one has got to go. And as much as I hate to say, its going to be the '84 RS. It hasn't been ridden much the last couple of years, mainly due to the RS ergonomics -- the RS bars bother my hands now a-days like never before (a sign of getting oldie-moldie). Probably will go a local sell here in the Austin, Tx area. :cry: :cry:

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock
00weel

Post by 00weel »

Scot,

Sorry to hear of the job loss. Seems to be a problem everywhere.
Your bike looks like a nice ride!
Good listing.
Scot

Post by Scot »

SteveD wrote:Damn Scot, that's a shame. I hope things take a better turn shortly.

I'd spruik that paint job more I think. It sure looks good.

Does the oem seat come with it?

Would you post the brace to Oz?

There is no OEM seat anymore. The Russell is made using the OEM seat pan.

For you, or any other member here, I would send the brace to Oz, but shhhhhh . . . don't tell anybody. ;)

What does "spruik" mean?
SteveD

Post by SteveD »

Spruik (sprook). To promote a thing or idea to another person, in order that they buy the thing, or accept the idea.

A spruiker is one that stands outside a shop, trying to entice buyers inside. Wasn't that a Holt paint job? Be worth spruiking that!

What would postage be to Oz? I'm afraid it'd be a dealer killer now that it's airmail only.
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.
Airbear
Location: Oz, lower right hand side, in a bit, just over the lumpy part.

Post by Airbear »

Scot wrote: What does "spruik" mean?
Spruik –verb (used without object) Australian Slang .
to make or give a speech, esp. extensively or elaborately; spiel; orate.
Origin:
1915–20; orig. uncert.

There ya go. I didn't know it was an Australian term. A spruiker is one of those people who stands outside a strip club encouraging passers by to enter.
Charlie
and Brunhilde - 1974 R90/6

Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering and Design (Pending)
Scot

Post by Scot »

SteveD wrote:Spruik (sprook). To promote a thing or idea to another person, in order that they buy the thing, or accept the idea.

A spruiker is one that stands outside a shop, trying to entice buyers inside. Wasn't that a Holt paint job? Be worth spruiking that!

What would postage be to Oz? I'm afraid it'd be a dealer killer now that it's airmail only.

I have no idea what the postage would be to Oz, but I'm sure we could work something out. I'll tell ya what I'll do, Steve . . . use the "buy it now" option, and I'll split the postage with ya. Can't do much better than that, considering my current situation. I paid $130 for the brace. I just need the $$$ right now, even though I'm probably gonna lose money on it.
Scot

Post by Scot »

On second thought, Steve . . . if you use the "buy it now" option, I'll pay the postage. How's that sound?
SteveD

Post by SteveD »

Scot wrote:On second thought, Steve . . . if you use the "buy it now" option, I'll pay the postage. How's that sound?
That sounds good. However, before I commit, can you tell me who made it please?
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.
Scot

Post by Scot »

SteveD wrote:
Scot wrote:On second thought, Steve . . . if you use the "buy it now" option, I'll pay the postage. How's that sound?
That sounds good. However, before I commit, can you tell me who made it please?

I can't, for the life of me, remember the manufacturer's name. On the underside of the brace, it says: "BMW - Made in W. Germany." Those words are cast into the piece itself.