Oz-boxerworks - Autumn Zombie Rally anyone?

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
Airbear
Location: Oz, lower right hand side, in a bit, just over the lumpy part.

Re: Oz-boxerworks - Autumn Zombie Rally anyone?

Post by Airbear »

Well, what a superb weekend. I went up on the Friday, arriving at the Pinch River campsite around 5pm. The 30kms of dirt coming down from Jindabyne wasn't much fun this time - pretty rough and a bit muddy in spots. Some rain around but I stayed dry, under the tarp. 80 to 100 bikes turned up for the Cold Flame Rally run by the Monarchs MCC.

Jeff and co turned up on Saturday. Actually, there were two entire Jeff Knoxes, both on 1981 RSs. This pic of the RS squadron stolen from ADV. The new Jeff Knox came from Bourke on the blue one ...

Since it was a long weekend and nobody had to get home urgently nine of us decided to head south along the Barry Way. We went right down to Bruthen and then north up the Omeo Highway, camping at Anglers Rest on the Sunday night. The weather was perfect and the road grin-making.

Here's my route, a mere 750kms.

For Jeff Knox of Bourke add another 900kms at each end of the ride. He appeared to be enjoying himself, putting some wear on the edges of his tyres. Apparently there is only one curve in one road somewhere near Bourke.

Another great weekend, but I want more ...
Charlie
and Brunhilde - 1974 R90/6

Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering and Design (Pending)
Mal S7

Post by Mal S7 »

Hey Charlie, that looks like it was a brilliant run!
Sorry I missed out on the ride but did enjoy very much the Zoo Twilight concert, if you get the chance to catch CW Stoneking live don't miss it.

Now that Autumn has finally arrived I am keen for a ride. 25C here today, clear skies, will explore some local back roads.

cheers
Mal
enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

So when does the Zombie Master show up?
Ed Miller
'81 R65
'70 Bonneville
Falls City, OR

"Gasoline makes people stupid." -- Chuey
"I'll believe corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." Bumper sticker
ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

enigmaT120 wrote:So when does the Zombie Master show up?
2019 I think.
He's limited himself to the Kiwi's this time. Some sort of warm up for coming to Australia.

Bloody great ride last weekend with Charlie and all. I was hoping to get pulled over by the cops with the other Jeff Knox for a license check. :mrgreen:

When is the next ride? It's almost been a week since the last one. Steve? Mal?
Lord of the Bings
Airbear
Location: Oz, lower right hand side, in a bit, just over the lumpy part.

Post by Airbear »

Yeah, earlier in this thread there was mention of a possible gathering after the Easter weekend, or something.

After a long unseasonal heatwave we've had two days of winter here but the weather is now settling into proper autumn goodness, with warm high twenties days and cool low teens nights. Perfect weather for touring and camping.

So, I'll take a stab and suggest the weekend of April 1 to 3, somehow involving the Vic and/or NSW mountain roads. Perhaps Picnic Point would be a good destination, and that weekend is between Easter and the start of the NSW school hols. It's a splendid spot.
Charlie
and Brunhilde - 1974 R90/6

Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering and Design (Pending)
SteveD

Post by SteveD »

I've got time off after Easter but will be trying to finalise the club plate rego thing for the RS. That shouldn't impact anything though as it'll be M-F.
I do need to organise a family thing, visiting my parents who I haven't seen for ages. That'll be a 3-4 day chunk. I d/w dates with M tonight.
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

1982 R100RSR100RS supergallery. https://boxerboy81.smugmug.com/R100RS
2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.
Mal S7

Post by Mal S7 »

Airbear wrote: So, I'll take a stab and suggest the weekend of April 1 to 3, somehow involving the Vic and/or NSW mountain roads. Perhaps Picnic Point would be a good destination, and that weekend is between Easter and the start of the NSW school hols. It's a splendid spot.
Cheers Charlie. The weekend of April 1-3 at Picnic Point would suit me fine. I can only get the Friday arvo off but that gets me to Canberra, and an easy run from there to the campsite by lunchtime. May take the Mon/Tues off too and wend my way home via the coast.

Hope you can swing the time off Steve!! You can bring the new'un to show us.
SteveD

Post by SteveD »

Mal S7 wrote:
Airbear wrote: So, I'll take a stab and suggest the weekend of April 1 to 3, somehow involving the Vic and/or NSW mountain roads. Perhaps Picnic Point would be a good destination, and that weekend is between Easter and the start of the NSW school hols. It's a splendid spot.
Cheers Charlie. The weekend of April 1-3 at Picnic Point would suit me fine. I can only get the Friday arvo off but that gets me to Canberra, and an easy run from there to the campsite by lunchtime. May take the Mon/Tues off too and wend my way home via the coast.

Hope you can swing the time off Steve!! You can bring the new'un to show us.
I'm hoping to visit my folks Wednesday to Friday 1st. Maybe get down to Latrobe Valley on the Friday night. If this works then Grant & me can get down on the Saturday. Is it still school holidays there?
I was planning to ride the RS, but if y'all wanna see the K I can ride that.
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

1982 R100RSR100RS supergallery. https://boxerboy81.smugmug.com/R100RS
2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.
grant81rs

Post by grant81rs »

Gidday fellas,

I'm in, need a ride somewhere.

Yes the Vic school holidays started today for some, my daughter now has a few weeks off..
Cheers, Grant
Gippsland - Australia

1978 R100RS
1981 R100RS
1994 K1100RS
2005 R1150gsa
ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

I reckon I can make it. Satdee sundee mondee, or fridee satdee sundee.

I'll see who does what before I decide.
This time I'll pre book oysters. Autumn is the best time of year for oysters iirc

Drooling already. And some king prawns. And some ice cold beer.
Lord of the Bings