1956 R69 For Sale - Southern California

Whole motorcycles running or otherwise ONLY.
please make sure you read and understand the rules before posting.
BSmet94

1956 R69 For Sale - Southern California

Post by BSmet94 »

I'm finally selling my 1956 R69. Here's the basic stats, but please contact me with questions.
- 1956 R69
- Engine and Frame number match: 652213
- 47K miles on the odometer
- It runs
I've owned it since 2001. The only thing I've done to it in that time in terms of repair is to rebuild the carburetors, which took me from two badly gas-leaking carbs to one slightly leaking one on the left (don't run it on the side stand for too long, and close the valve when parked, and it's ok). I have never had any service done on the engine, and I don't know the history pre-2001 (previous owner had died). Known mechanical issues are as follows:
- The brakes are bad, haven't really looked into why.
- The clutch grabs after the bike has sat unused for extended periods, this usually clears up when it's exercised more often, but probably should be looked into.
Cosmetically, it looks like a 65-year-old bike with 47K miles on it. On the right side (headlamp bucket, fender, and valve cover) there's evidence of having been layed down on a curve. Anyway, please take a look at the picture, feel free to ask me questions, and make me an offer. I was hoping/asking for $8K. That may be probably optimistic these days, but I'm a very resonable person and I do in fact want to sell this bike.
P1000842c.jpg
P1000842c.jpg (182.69 KiB) Viewed 2239 times
zweirader

Re: 1956 R69 For Sale - Southern California

Post by zweirader »

Greetings. Is this bike still for sALE ? Please email me @ jusm50@cox.net.