Got Me A New Cheap Tent

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
Zombie Master

Re: Got Me A New Cheap Tent

Post by Zombie Master »

ME 109 wrote:
Zombie Master wrote:Yes I enjoy flaps. :)
Full flaps are good for comin' in, but there's less drag when they're trimmed. :ugeek:
Rather.
Any and all disclaimers may apply
Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

I just bought one of Grant's Aldi tents S/H off Ebay for $32 delivered .It looks fine although the base looks a bit non durable .I can replace it if necessary .

Looks just fine !
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know"
The Grateful Dead
SteveD

Post by SteveD »

There's some good humour in this thread.

An oldie, but a goodie.

My 12 yo Aldi tent might get a run in a couple of weeks. I think I'd better set it up in the back yard for a rainstorm or two first.
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

1982 R100RSR100RS supergallery. https://boxerboy81.smugmug.com/R100RS
2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.
The Veg

Post by The Veg »

Cheep tent? Can't get cheeper than FREE!

Sometime back around 2012 I was fueling-up a company van somewhere along an Interstate when I saw something leaned against the next pump. It was a tent, mostly stuffed back into it carrying case, looking like it had been used maybe once. I'd guessed that it fell off or out of somebody's vehicle while fueling. Figuring that whoever lost it probably wouldn't have a clue where they lost it or decide it would be worthwhile to go back for it if they did, and me being rather low-paid and in need of a new tent at the time, I took it with me. It was a smaller 'family size' tent from the house-brand they sell at WalMart and would have sold for about $40 at the time. Dirt-cheep as tents go. I still have it but have only used it twice, once for a 'test run' weekend at a nearby state park and once in 2019 when I took Mrs. Veg to the MOA national rally. It'll see use again the next time she goes with me to a rally, maybe next summer in Oregon.

Cogito Ergo Moto
----------------
"A bunch of weirdos with old motorcycles can never be boring." -Doug West
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
SuperDave

Post by SuperDave »

I have shopped the Eureka tent outlet for a while now. Different offerings at different times. https://eurekacamping.johnsonoutdoors.c ... hop/outlet
DaveJ
This space for rent