ATGATT

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
vanzen

Re: ATGATT

Post by vanzen »

Hmmm. Yes, ATT.
Absolutely your choice to make so long as my premiums don't go up as a result !
Stupidity & Pavement will quickly enough thin the hide – and the herd.
Chuey

Post by Chuey »

FUTURE wrote:It is my skin and I shall cover it as I see fit. I will ride around the streets here at home in shorts. t-shirt and sandals in summer/spring.

I have been riding for over 30 years now. I think I know what is best for me.

I don't tell you what to wear so don't tell me.
Dude, nobody said diddly to you about what to wear! Got issues?

Chuey
Chuey

Post by Chuey »

Yes, though I have my reservations about what to wear when it's super hot. I keep wondering if I'm really making myself safer when overheating.

To address Future's issues, he makes the point that we can't rely on our gear to keep us out of accidents. I agree. But, I think that chastising us that way is an underestimation of the intelligence of the forum members in general. If we can help drivers to avoid saying "I didn't see you", then it can be a step in the right direction. In the end, the consequences and responsibility are the rider's.

Accidents will happen. It's nice to have a shot at walking away, and not having to have your friends and family teaching you how to eat with utensils afterward.

To deny that an accident can happen to you seems at least as naive as expecting brightly colored clothes to save you.

Chuey
Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

It's hot here , very hot sometimes and humid as well, as a result I don't ride much in Summer .Bummer .

I'm thinking a mesh jacket might be a good idea .This one looks good and a lot cheaper than the stuff in the shops here.Does anyone know the brand ? It's not sold in Oz .

http://www.firstgear-usa.com/Mesh/CSSMeshTEXJacket.html
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know"
The Grateful Dead
Deleted User 287

Post by Deleted User 287 »

FUTURE wrote:Should I also mention I wear an open face helmet? And I have a flip front that when I wear it the front is flipped up most of the time. I suppose open face helmets are not ATGATT either.
I really like having my jaw where it is.
Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

justoneoftheguys wrote:
FUTURE wrote:Should I also mention I wear an open face helmet? And I have a flip front that when I wear it the front is flipped up most of the time. I suppose open face helmets are not ATGATT either.
I'm with you on that one. I remember visiting a mate in hospital years ago ,his jaw was interesting , all wired together with little tubes sticking out here and there .

I junked my open face and bought a full face .
The Grateful Dead
Chuey

Post by Chuey »

justoneoftheguys wrote:
Yeah, but Future doesn't crash.

Chuey
Deleted User 287

Post by Deleted User 287 »

Chuey wrote:
justoneoftheguys wrote:
Yeah, but Future doesn't crash.

Chuey
Does he wear a cape and tights, too?
Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

Any comments on the First Gear mesh jacket ? Is it a good company or crap ?
The Grateful Dead
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

FUTURE wrote:It is my skin and I shall cover it as I see fit. I will ride around the streets here at home in shorts. t-shirt and sandals in summer/spring.

I have been riding for over 30 years now. I think I know what is best for me.

I don't tell you what to wear so don't tell me.

Who told you to do anything?
Any and all disclaimers may apply