ATGATT

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
Sibbo

Re: ATGATT

Post by Sibbo »

FUTURE wrote:[

This was in yesterdays local paper. Again we are being told what to do. Back in the 70s/80s when the MRA (Motorcycle Riders Assoc) was started their motto was "Let those who ride decide". Telling the gruberment to let us riders decide what is good and right for us.

I have no problems with people wearing ATGATT. I would love nothing better than to wear full leathers. I can not afford them. Never have been able to. When I have worn a leather jacket in summer I sweat that much that my sweat affects the leather and it falls to bits. I kid you not.
Maybe if it was possible to sign some kind of waver that guaranteed we would not use publicly funded medical facilities in case of a prang ? Then the government would have no case for giving us advice about ATGATT .It's only advice mate , it's not law ...except for the lid .

As for Summer ,I'm after a mesh jacket ...something Coooooool !
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know"
The Grateful Dead
SteveD

Post by SteveD »

ATGATT doesn't have to mean full leathers.

I haven't worn leathers on my bike for maybe over a decade.

Ebay offers some great bargains in textiles and mesh gear...as long as you know your size. A bit of research and a patient watch of ebay can see some great gear bought, with modern corduras and decent armour, and mesh/venting. New and second hand.

The only article I haven't bought second hand are boots.
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

1982 R100RSR100RS supergallery. https://boxerboy81.smugmug.com/R100RS
2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

SteveD wrote:ATGATT doesn't have to mean full leathers.

Ebay offers some great bargains in textiles and mesh gear...as long as you know your size. A bit of research and a patient watch of ebay can see some great gear bought, with modern corduras and decent armour, and mesh/venting. New and second hand.

I haven't worn my leathers for a long time. I use armored Gor Tex Cordura with ballistic patches for abrasion. My whole outfit from gloves to boots are Gortex Lined. Why suffer? I never have to pack a rain suit and have good ventilation. Over 90f I have to move into armored mesh though.
Any and all disclaimers may apply
Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

SteveD wrote:ATGATT doesn't have to mean full leathers.

I was recently given a pair of boots , 1/2 size too big but that makes them good on winter trips ,room for more socks !
My RJay cost $70 secondhand ,it's warm ,it's got armour but it certainly isn't waterproof ! An overjacket is on the Ebay list .
The Grateful Dead
Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

Something else i really DO need is a source for cheap rubber overgloves .They sell them here but at $70 a pair!!
I was thinking maybe $20 .
The Grateful Dead
Deleted User 287

Post by Deleted User 287 »

Sibbo wrote:Something else i really DO need is a source for cheap rubber overgloves .They sell them here but at $70 a pair!!
I was thinking maybe $20 .
You must be talking about the Rain-Off over-gloves, made in NZ: http://www.rain-off.com/
Aerostich sells them for $47 USD : http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-trip ... overs.html
(47.00 USD = 43.7497 AUD!)

Aerostich also has a "cheapie" at $3: http://www.aerostich.com/review/product ... tegory/37/
(yes, that is three dollars, US).
ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

XXXX large dishwashing gloves?
Lord of the Bings
Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

ME 109 wrote:XXXX large dishwashing gloves?
I tried the garden shop yesterday after oversize chemical mixing gloves , they'd be great but i can't get my winter gloves inside .

The EnZed Rainoffs will probably do it ... cheaper direct than via Andy Straps .Sound Russian don't they ? :lol:

The $3 ones might be Ok for a day or two !
The Grateful Dead
Deleted User 287

Post by Deleted User 287 »

Sibbo wrote:The EnZed Rainoffs will probably do it ... cheaper direct than via Andy Straps
The ones Aerostich sells has a visor wiper built-in to the left thumb.
ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

justoneoftheguys wrote:The ones Aerostich sells has a visor wiper built-in to the left thumb.
And a vibrating middle finger. :mrgreen:
Lord of the Bings