40mm piston for caliper

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
campy

40mm piston for caliper

Post by campy »

Looking for a rusty 40mm piston for a front caliper. My R90s has two rusty ones which I don't want to remove till I have made two new ones. I was going to replace the pads and looked closer and they have rust which when I go to push them back in will most likely destroy the seal. I priced new ones and can machine new ones at a lower price. Second question has anyone used Capital Cycle caliper kit they sell on Ebay? A few years back they stung me on some crappy push rod seals that split within 5 minutes of installing. I was wondering if anyone has had good luck with thier caliper kit kit.
Thanks, Campy
teo

Re: 40mm piston for caliper

Post by teo »

If you are going to have some made, perhaps you can get a better price in volume. There are a few members of this forum (includung me) who I am sure would like to go in o something like that.

Teo
campy

Post by campy »

I am sure I can get a better price on volume and will get back with a price. I hope to find a piston that is already out or will wait till snow flies and pull my R90 apart. Campy
tenni128

Post by tenni128 »

I have the complete take-off caliper from my 74 r90 if that helps you but it's not rusty. Just un-loved.
DanielMc

Post by DanielMc »

tenni128 wrote:I have the complete take-off caliper from my 74 r90 if that helps you but it's not rusty. Just un-loved.
The piston size changed from 38mm to 40mm between '74 and ''75 model year.

I have a 40mm piston, but am on the other side of the pond.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers might not be able to tell the difference." Samuel Clemens