/5 LWB Police Solo seat

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
Deleted User 62

Re: /5 LWB Police Solo seat

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Unclviny wrote:I had better luck dealing with S. Meyer through ebay.

Vince
Found it "alteteile2003" on ebay.
Last edited by Deleted User 62 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
x1Buellist

Post by x1Buellist »

Man they have just about every seat listed on ebay except the one I am interested in. Yep thats the name I found alteteile2003
73' R75/5 LWB
Deleted User 62

They have this one, a tad pricey, but nice. http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-seat-bench- ... 1e6a0e25ca
x1Buellist

Post by x1Buellist »

I'll probably just go with the fiberglass hump and cafe seat deal if I can't get the solo seat. Even if I get the solo seat I may get the cafe setup also. I could switch styles every now and than.
73' R75/5 LWB
DucatiPete

Post by DucatiPete »

I got my solo seat from Stephanie Meiers - I'm guessing it's the same as a 'police' seat. Very good seat, but the alignment (when fitted) is slightly out. i'm a bit of a pedant - most ppl wouldn't notice. If you look closely at the pic below you'll see the front of the seat sits slightly right of centre. I haven't managed to fix this with supplied hinges but it could be done - but a new hinge might have to be fab'd. It's something I'm managing to live with (for the moment).
Good price and delivery service. I'd buy from them again, maybe sooner rather than later. Like to get g/s seat + rear rack & RS seat...
750-SoloSeat.jpg
750-SoloSeat.jpg (96.22 KiB) Viewed 1526 times
pete
Deleted User 287

Post by Deleted User 287 »

I've always found S. Meyer to be prompt and courteous in e-mail exchanges in regards to buying from their website.
Deleted User 62

justoneoftheguys wrote:I've always found Stefanie Meier (sic) to be prompt and courteous in e-mail exchanges in regards to buying from their website.
+1 and she is Schorsch Meiers daughter, how cool it that?! (it's actually his old shop) Image
Motorhead

Post by Motorhead »

I tend to think the seat would fit between a SWB and LWB /5 as the tank ending and seat sart and first hinge are in the same place

If you have a /5 with a /7 tank then the seat should fit forr a /7 for the same reason

I have a 10 Toes pan I will make a solo seat from and so far as I tested my bike with SWB and LWB the seat is the same

you may have trouble if you use a later subframe for a R65 as the cross bar fender mount is differt and you'd need to figure out a differnt fix
x1Buellist

Post by x1Buellist »

Motorhead wrote:I tend to think the seat would fit between a SWB and LWB /5 as the tank ending and seat sart and first hinge are in the same place

If you have a /5 with a /7 tank then the seat should fit forr a /7 for the same reason

I have a 10 Toes pan I will make a solo seat from and so far as I tested my bike with SWB and LWB the seat is the same

you may have trouble if you use a later subframe for a R65 as the cross bar fender mount is differt and you'd need to figure out a differnt fix
Thanks, It's good to know if I buy a /5 solo seat that it won't matter whether LWB or SWB. I did get a email back from S. Meir but it was cryptic. It said "I have answered your email previously" or something like that. But there was no other email. When I replied asking them to forward the previous email because I never received it, I never got a reply. Not sure where to go from there. I think I'll send them one more email.
73' R75/5 LWB
x1Buellist

Post by x1Buellist »

Another email sent yesterday and no reply yet. I am curtious in my email. Said I would like to buy and please send me the total cost with shipping. No reply. :(
73' R75/5 LWB