clear turn signal lenses

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
CVA-42

Re: clear turn signal lenses

Post by CVA-42 »

richard t wrote:
CVA-42 wrote:Nowadays, clear lenses seem to be the "new" look on late model bikes. Not long ago, I saw a set of blue airhead lenses on eBay. Thought about bidding but then considered that they are probably not legal for bikes, at least in my state.
I might have a couple blue lens around if you want to try and see if you get by
Yeah, "get by" as in: "You in a heap 'o trouble boy..."
enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

Chuey wrote:Yeah, fastest, most assured ticket situation possible. Cops hate blue lights on non-cop cars.

Chuey
I would love one as a rear blinky for my bicycle. I almost never see cops where I ride, but I think it would give them an excuse to harass me.
Ed Miller
'81 R65
'70 Bonneville
Falls City, OR

"Gasoline makes people stupid." -- Chuey
"I'll believe corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." Bumper sticker
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

I used to put a blue glass coffee cup on the dash of my '02 Impala, it looked similar to the dash mount lights the undercover cops use on this island. It was funny how fast people in front of me would find a reason to pull off the road so I could pass... :twisted:
Kurt in S.A.

Post by Kurt in S.A. »

I happened by the BMW dealer who also sells Triumphs. There was a Triumph Tiger Explorer there...clear plastic lenses with amber bulbs. Doubt the lens will work as it was not retangular but 8-sided (stretched middle or retangular section with the angle cuts on either end). You can see the fronts here:

http://www.ridermagazine.com/wp-content ... N-lead.jpg

Kurt in S.A.
old R90 guy

Post by old R90 guy »

I saw these lenses on a bike I was trying to buy, not something I saw passing. Coupled with alloy turn signal housings, it/they brought a "period" look.