That little screw that seals the vacuum port on my Bings

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
Ken in Oklahoma

Re: That little screw that seals the vacuum port on my Bings

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

DonW wrote:Do I know nurses? Hell ya! I love nurses- my mom, my son, 1/2 my friends are RN's. And, I work in hospitals 5-10 days a month. I'll grab some of those!
Wow! I had no idea nurses were even allowed to grab other nurses. And you get paid a salary too?

I thought engineering was a pretty cool profession, but where I worked they even sent us to a class in case we didn't already know that it wasn't OK to grab fellow employees.

Ken

Post by Zombie Master »

sterob wrote:
DonW wrote:I love this Board! All good answers.

It's what we do......

Some times the answers are even relevant... ;)
Any and all disclaimers may apply
Jeff in W.C.

Post by Jeff in W.C. »

Ken in Oklahoma wrote:
DonW wrote:Do I know nurses? Hell ya! I love nurses- my mom, my son, 1/2 my friends are RN's. And, I work in hospitals 5-10 days a month. I'll grab some of those!
Wow! I had no idea nurses were even allowed to grab other nurses. And you get paid a salary too?

I thought engineering was a pretty cool profession, but where I worked they even sent us to a class in case we didn't already know that it wasn't OK to grab fellow employees.

Ken
Don W's not a nurse (to the best of my knowledge). Yes he works in the health care industry, but I'll leave it to him to disclose his profession.
Jeff in W.C.
1988 R100 RT
2018 R1200 GS
"I've got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time." Joe Strummer/Clash
Jeff in W.C.

Post by Jeff in W.C. »

DonW wrote:I love this Board! All good answers. Turns out my local 'screw' guy has 3.5mm machine screws. Going by tomorrow.

Do I know nurses? Hell ya! I love nurses- my mom, my son, 1/2 my friends are RN's. And, I work in hospitals 5-10 days a month. I'll grab some of those!

Thanks guys!
Hey Don, where/who's your screw guy (that doesn't sound right), but you know what I mean.
Jeff in W.C.
1988 R100 RT
2018 R1200 GS
"I've got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time." Joe Strummer/Clash
Ken in Oklahoma

Jeff in W.C. wrote:
Ken in Oklahoma wrote:

Ken
Don W's not a nurse (to the best of my knowledge). Yes he works in the health care industry, but I'll leave it to him to disclose his profession.
Damn! I hate it when reality intrudes on a pretty good fantasy. Somehow I can't help thinking that the world would be a much better place with nymphs and satyrs cavorting freely instead of, well, reality.

Ken

Post by Zombie Master »

Wouldn't riding fast be cavorting?
Ken in Oklahoma

Zombie Master wrote:Wouldn't riding fast be cavorting?
I think that would depend upon the rider and whether he/she becomes sexually aroused when riding fast. For myself, not so much.

"Et tu" ZM? :D

Ken

Post by Zombie Master »

Ken in Oklahoma wrote:
Zombie Master wrote:Wouldn't riding fast be cavorting?
I think that would depend upon the rider and whether he/she becomes sexually aroused when riding fast. For myself, not so much.

"Et tu" ZM? :D

Ken
I wear my motorcycle right between my legs! :twisted:
tsa

Post by tsa »

Some time ago, I happened to discover that the thread size and pitch of the screws that hold the red light cover "glass" on to the rear light unit (of my late '80ies boxers) is the same as the vacuum port screws. Furthermore, they have Phillips heads, and thus won't fall off the screwdriver as the OE screws do. If you fail to source a "genuine" vacuum port screw, and have one spare, just cut it down to the required length (6mm).
--
'73 R75/5, '78 R80/7, '83 R80RT
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

tsa wrote:Some time ago, I happened to discover that the thread size and pitch of the screws that hold the red light cover "glass" on to the rear light unit (of my late '80ies boxers) is the same as the vacuum port screws. Furthermore, they have Phillips heads, and thus won't fall off the screwdriver as the OE screws do. If you fail to source a "genuine" vacuum port screw, and have one spare, just cut it down to the required length (6mm).
Now that is useful bit of info! :)