Quick and easy one, hopefully.

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
Motorhead

Re: Quick and easy one, hopefully.

Post by Motorhead »

Bilt is a new line of product through cycle gear my 2 piece with armor is what I described

I used leather pants and jacket for years simple under garments to adjust for conditions I still have it when I saw textiles I could not afford then cycle gear came and wala I could afford Textiles

my first was Mister Moto 3/4 jacket and pants armored this was a decent full 3 season fall, winter, early spring easly a match for tourmaster or first gear products

when I got the Harley I went to Bilt for a different effect while keeping the same protection turn out I like the bilt better seems lighter and more vents that work the bilt pants for the pants legs too long so I got the air pants for hot and over pants for wet and use regular jeans with knee reinforcement

you know your area and what you need to do

I been to Texas and sturgis on my BMW my last 3 years road tested both
dwire

Post by dwire »

Thanks for the better description; perhaps one day I can revisit this topic if I find where I am at no longer suits the gear. I know what I have now is fine here and of course have non M/C but excellent hiking rain gear that will slip right over what I do have.

Ohio is an easy climate - it is really just too darn cold to ride, with ice and snow, or it is doable- that is about it. In Louisiana it would get so F'ing hot, like I said, I ended up closing the vents as they actually made me feel even hotter - like a blow torch shooting inside my jacket and such!

Been to all those places you describe a lot - just outside of Sturgis at least. Oddly, even during the event not on a M/C! Everyone sober enough came down to see the very best fireworks display I have ever seen in this country at Mount Rushmore. - And I've been in DC for some of the anniversary events for some of our country's document's that were supposed to have "grand displays" that all sucked by comparison. Good place to be around Independence Day out west; worth stopping for it, unless it is too dry for them to do it. (Might have been this year - don't know...)
1971 R75/5 (SWB)
If you're going to hire MACHETE to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!
Jean

Re: Ham gear: Quick and easy one, hopefully.

Post by Jean »

Portable ham gear needs an "auto adaptor" to have enough power to actually transmit. (We have such!) The normal CHARGER cannot provide the power needed even on 2.5 watts xmission setting.
Shouldn't be a problem if you only plan to monitor and xmit occasionally using the battery (on the motocycle).

Rain gear. My Dry Rider pants suffered from use so I attempted to replace them with ""..hiking rain pants" as you mentioned. NOT. Wet legs and soaked crotch. I think if you sit on the hiking pants, they let the water through. Just an observation.
Yecch. Maybe industrial-grade vinyl pants will work...
Clemson, SC
R100s, R75/5
vanzen

Post by vanzen »

Dwire, "getting lost" may be the best part of MC-tripping.
A destination will only be an excuse –
There or any where else ...
RelaX ! Enjoy !
dwire

Post by dwire »

vanzen@rockerboxer.com wrote:Dwire, "getting lost" may be the best part of MC-tripping.
A destination will only be an excuse –
There or any where else ...
RelaX ! Enjoy !
Thanks for the comment vanzen - while I've never gone on any trips but to the market in my on M/C's (you know what I mean; no long distance sort of riding I.E. day trips only) I can say, while it has been nearly a decade since I was able to vacation, and only the good Lord knows if life will allow me to get this bike and box of parts on the road for next season - as well as my own conditioning; I know the words you speak to be true from my four-wheeled travels. I think it was near the end of the days I still could vacation any I got a handheld for remote hiking, but otherwise, as you say - getting lost driving was not always a bad thing at all. One just hopes they find a gas station before their transportation requires it! :D

Good observation.
1971 R75/5 (SWB)
If you're going to hire MACHETE to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!