funholiday

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
DanielMc

Re: funholidayHelicopter ride.

Post by DanielMc »

sabre2 wrote:Hi Sunbeem,I didn't get the helicopter ride,I went to hospital in the ambulance. I was unconcious anyway so couldn't "appreciate" the airlift .
Do they still jump from Halfpenny Green up your way? I seem to remember that the club there participated in a big link-up several years ago and one of the jumpers from another plane went through their old De-Havilland Rapide in a perfect stable spread.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers might not be able to tell the difference." Samuel Clemens
sabre2

Re: funholidayHelicopter ride.

Post by sabre2 »

DanielMc wrote:
sabre2 wrote:Hi Sunbeem,I didn't get the helicopter ride,I went to hospital in the ambulance. I was unconcious anyway so couldn't "appreciate" the airlift .
Do they still jump from Halfpenny Green up your way? I seem to remember that the club there participated in a big link-up several years ago and one of the jumpers from another plane went through their old De-Havilland Rapide in a perfect stable spread.
It's a small world,I trained at Halfpenny Green years ago--as did my son--and my brother,The guy who ended up in the Rapide (Mike Bolton) is my mate,and he's still jumping at 73.Sadly jumping stopped at the Green in the 70s or early 80s.
Blue Skies,K.C.
sabre2

Re: funholiday

Post by sabre2 »

As a short update on my condition.My broken and "pinned"femur has finally healed,But I am suffering from severe arthritis in both knee and hip.Two of my BMs and one of my two Matchlesses have been sold--I'm keeping my'93 RT in hope of ring it again.I bought a Honda Innova 125 stepthrough to keep riding,and have now purchased a Yamaha Virago 535--because the seat is low--and the centre of gravity even lower! I know they're crap,but my options are limited at the moment because of my disability.I'm DETERMINED to keep riding ! BLUE SKIES,KC.
Blue Skies,K.C.
Major Softie

Post by Major Softie »

sabre2 wrote:As a short update on my condition.My broken and "pinned"femur has finally healed,But I am suffering from severe arthritis in both knee and hip.Two of my BMs and one of my two Matchlesses have been sold--I'm keeping my'93 RT in hope of ring it again.I bought a Honda Innova 125 stepthrough to keep riding,and have now purchased a Yamaha Virago 535--because the seat is low--and the centre of gravity even lower! I know they're crap,but my options are limited at the moment because of my disability.I'm DETERMINED to keep riding ! BLUE SKIES,KC.
If you must, remember that you still have the hack, trike, and Can-Am options out there too.
MS - out
sabre2

Post by sabre2 »

Well today I collected my new toy--A virago 535,chosen for its very low seat height and even lower centre of gravity.I rode it back to Stourbridge 110 miles with no problems.Maybe I can do the same with my BMW when I've recovered a little more !
Blue Skies,K.C.
Major Softie

Post by Major Softie »

I don't like the Virago (or any cruiser's) seating position for high speed travel, but for around town I'm sure it's a fine reliable way to keep two-wheelin'.
MS - out
sabre2

Post by sabre2 »

Yes,I know what you mean,It didn't feel comfortable above 65 mph.And "feet forward" was too much like"Highly Dangerous"--Wind blowing up my trousers and unable to take the weight off my bum due to footrests too far forward of seat.
Blue Skies,K.C.
Duane Ausherman

Post by Duane Ausherman »

I find the cruiser position so uncomfortable that I just don't understand how they sell. I guess its not about riding, but style.
Ask the Indians what happens when you don't control immigration.
Deleted User 287

Post by Deleted User 287 »

Duane Ausherman wrote:I find the cruiser position so uncomfortable that I just don't understand how they sell. I guess its not about riding, but style.
And quite likely, many have never experienced anything else.
ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

justoneoftheguys wrote: And quite likely, many have never experienced anything else.
Man, after you've experienced excruciating lower back pain (cause of the grimacing tough look) and beetles smashing into your face at 60 mph, and hail and rain almost makin' yer cry, what the hell else is there ter 'sperience, huh?

P'tooee! :evil:
Lord of the Bings