Shipping Referrals?

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
opus451

Shipping Referrals?

Post by opus451 »

It's been a while since I have posted.
In fact, last time was on the old forum, back in 2007.

Hopefully advice is as good now as it was then.

Does anyone have a referral for a bike shipper who would pickup in Washington state near Mt. Baker to bring it back to NYC?

Of course, looking for someone reliable, honest, fair priced and all.

Thank in advance!

Eric
Eric "Opus" Carlsen
A Brooklyn native
1976 R60/6
Deleted User 287

Re: Shipping Referrals?

Post by Deleted User 287 »

Welcome back!

I assume you have tried the Yellow Pages Google?

I realize you are looking for personal references.
Ridercam

Post by Ridercam »

You just missed the BMW nationals. I'd look up the shipping venders for those who serviced the Salem Or event or check the big bmw forums - much info there.
I always brake in corners and think how I am going to get home if I really mess up. When I get home, I wished that I hadn't used my brakes and should have ridden a bit further.
opus451

Post by opus451 »

Thanks for the suggestion!
Eric "Opus" Carlsen
A Brooklyn native
1976 R60/6
CVA-42

Post by CVA-42 »

I've used several bike shippers over the years. Never had a complaint. I can recommend Covered Vehicle Transport but they can be a little pricey, especially if the pick-up and delivery points are out of the way. This past spring, I used Motorcycle Shippers to move a 1200GS from Tucson to Georgia. They were superb and their rate was competitive. They were extremely accomodating to work with and the whole thing came off like clockwork. So - - yeah - - I can recommend them without hesitation.