Some people have all the luck

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
dwerbil

Some people have all the luck

Post by dwerbil »

My sister's husband Greg can really sniff out a hellova deal on his weekend outings. For example below, here's a email from him that came in today......

Howdy Randy,
Just thought I'd brag on my new motorrad jacket I picked up at Trade days last weekend- Was glancing at a ratty-looking booth and the guy working it pointed out a jacket he had hanging up- said he didn't know anything about it but he thought it was cool because it had a lot of pockets- picked it up and looked at it- was a Rallye 2 Pro, BMW jacket (like the one that Ewin wore in Long Way Around)- it perfect condition- guy said $25- I bought it before he finished his sentence- looked on Ebay- cheapest used I could find was $550.00- suckers are $740.00 new- Just got through washing it- looks good and fits fine- didn't come with the Goretex liner but I've got other liners. Not bad, eh?
Greg

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock
Ken in Oklahoma

Re: Some people have all the luck

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

Lets see. Do I have this right Randy? Your sisters husband made you feel bad/jealous about his bargain, and now you want all of us to feel bad too? ;)

Ken

Post by dwerbil »

KEN, you FEEL the WARMTH ! ! ! :)

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock
Roughready

Post by Roughready »

Wow. Almost makes me feel bad about my purchase of a very nice Rallye 2 jacket and pants set and both liners for $100 last week. That's what they were listed for on Craigslist and I was fortunate enough to respond first. The sellers first thought was to have me come by their place that Saturday (4 days later) since they were having a yard sale but I prevailed upon them to let me come by that evening. They agreed to that and thought it might be a good idea as they had had "tons" of inquiries in the first 45 minutes of the posting. It's in great shape and fits well but I'll have to warm to it a bit more as I'm not quite sure that it's "me" with all the back pockets and other doodads on it. Also, it's also always seemed a bit odd to me that the liner goes inside to keep the rider dry while everything else gets wet. Seems like one could get mighty cold. We'll see. Jacket sure is heavy and well made and like new. Oh. Since I got such a good deal I bought a pair of Motoraad Boxercup gloves from them for $40 as well.

So what's the story on the clear panel on the rear of the jacket. My neighbor thinks that it may be a map pocket for someone riding two-up but that seems odd as well. Lastly, does anyone ever unzip the sleeves from the jacket? Seems like if it was that warm you'd just take the jacket off.

I'm not complaining and am going to give it a test run this weekend in the rain to see how it performs. I've heard many good things about the Rallye but have never entertained the idea of buying one retail. I generally wear my Aerostich which I bought used in January and also have yet to wear it in a good downpour so I may give it the rain test as well (I've heard that there can be a water pooling issue in the crotch area of the suit - not an ideal situation either).

Regards
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

I bet it leaks through the Zippers!. Great scoop though!
Any and all disclaimers may apply