Diverging Diamond Interchange

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
Major Softie

Re: Diverging Diamond Interchange

Post by Major Softie »

No, Enigma, if you had turned south on 395, you would have passed over it a couple miles south of 80, but you wouldn't have known unless you got off the freeway.
MS - out
Jeff in W.C.

Post by Jeff in W.C. »

Major Softie wrote:I'm not sure how much is gained by changing to one of these, but for new construction, it actually seems MUCH cheaper than the full clover-leaf style interchange.
One of the benefits indicated is quicker flow since there's fewer cycles of the lights due to the lack of protected left hand turns via lights.
Jeff in W.C.
1988 R100 RT
2018 R1200 GS
"I've got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time." Joe Strummer/Clash
dwerbil

Post by dwerbil »

They're building one of these Diamond things a couple miles north of me here in Round Rock, right on I-35. There's a IKEA and a new Bass Pro Shop right there. Traffic is nuts. Hope it helps.

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock
BobW

Post by BobW »

I went through one this weekend-295 at Beach. The way the lane markers were set up, I didn't even realize it at first. i now see how it works. People exiting the interstate and turning left at the same time. It cut out several minutes each cycle.

Bob