1982 R65LS: rehab bumps - no start

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
Major Softie

Re: 1982 R65LS: rehab bumps - no start

Post by Major Softie »

Duane Ausherman wrote:OMG, the FIRST thing to do is add a few drops of fuel directly into the spark plug hole, as it sounds like it is lean to me. Always, always start with the simple and proceed to the complicated.
OMG! Duane used OMG!
MS - out
khittner1

Post by khittner1 »

He's Californian---not a Val Gal, but . . . :)
daz

Post by daz »

Major Softie wrote:
Duane Ausherman wrote:OMG, the FIRST thing to do is add a few drops of fuel directly into the spark plug hole, as it sounds like it is lean to me. Always, always start with the simple and proceed to the complicated.
OMG! Duane used OMG!
Think about it.
He said, "Oh my gosh!"
1971 R50/5, 1980 R100T,
CRF 300 Rally, CRF 250F,
1947 James ML
Ken in Oklahoma

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

daz wrote:
Major Softie wrote:
OMG! Duane used OMG!
Think about it.
He said, "Oh my gosh!"
Nah! I've met Duane and even argued with him. He isn't one to be politically correct. In fact some might think him 'crusty'.

Ken

Post by Major Softie »

Ken in Oklahoma wrote: Nah! I've met Duane and even argued with him. He isn't one to be politically correct. In fact some might think him 'crusty'.

Ken
Whenever I've seen him, he always seemed recently bathed....
MS - out
Ken in Oklahoma

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

Major Softie wrote:
Ken in Oklahoma wrote: Nah! I've met Duane and even argued with him. He isn't one to be politically correct. In fact some might think him 'crusty'.

Ken
Whenever I've seen him, he always seemed recently bathed....
Ah! But then you haven't looked into his mind! (I'm looking forward to see what you do with that.) ;)

Myself, I would be waaaay to chicken to go there. I might see Diane in all her 'glory'. :o

Ken

Post by Major Softie »

Ken in Oklahoma wrote:
Ah! But then you haven't looked into his mind! (I'm looking forward to see what you do with that.) ;)

Myself, I would be waaaay to chicken to go there. I might see Diane in all her 'glory'. :o

Ken
The man has seen Diane get dressed.

No, I'm not going in there.
MS - out
opus451

A Warning! R65LS: rehab bumps - The Man Canned My Machine!

Post by opus451 »

Figured I would share this as a warning if nothing else.

I had my R65LS parked on a street in Brooklyn, NY a month ago.
It wasn't yet running so through the winter I moved it side to side for the street sweeper.
On March 1st the sanitation department apparently marked it as derelict, had it towed and it was supposedly destroyed within 6 hours. I came home from work, noticed it missing, called the police who told me it was towed. Called the tow company and they were closed. Called the very first thing the next morning and the bike was supposedly already destroyed.

It took anyone I talked to only about 30 seconds to know who I was from the vin. I'm retty easy to find when the city has some issue with me. I guess the sanitation couldn't care less to even try before giving the green light to crush.

Explanation was that it must have not had a plate on it.
Which wasn't the case the last time I worked on it on the Sunday two days before.

So, a few to grow on - a) plate theft is very real (the rub of this is if you velcro your plate and take it with you, better chain it to something because the city will steal it). And b) the city will impound and destroy your bike without lifting a finger to try and verify its ownership.

I'm filing a claim with the city.

One less 65LS in the world.

Opus
Eric "Opus" Carlsen
A Brooklyn native
1976 R60/6
enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

That sucks. Do they do that to cars, too?
Ed Miller
'81 R65
'70 Bonneville
Falls City, OR

"Gasoline makes people stupid." -- Chuey
"I'll believe corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." Bumper sticker
opus451

Post by opus451 »

They do. But damn four wheel boxes have to sit for weeks piling up tickets for them to notice.
Eric "Opus" Carlsen
A Brooklyn native
1976 R60/6