'76 60/6 - deleting steering damper

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
Major Softie

Re: '76 60/6 - deleting steering damper

Post by Major Softie »

Airbear wrote:
My name is Charlie and I am a proud hoarder of interesting objects that may come in handy one day.
Hi, Charlie!.
MS - out
jagarra

Post by jagarra »

I have to admit, sometimes finding a use for some items has taken 35-40 years. I do have a problem, you should have seen me when our parts department scrapped stuff and set it out in the back lot. So I agree to take my punishment.

1974 R90/6 built 9/73
1987 BMW K75S
1994 BMW R1100RS
1964 T100SR Triumph
1986 Honda XL600R
Ken in Oklahoma

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

Well, this has been a great thread. It's satisfying to know that there are a lot of 'stuff' accumulators out there, or at least out there in the part of the world that I prefer to occupy. Chances are that this new found support will stay with me for a looong time.

So with this self-aware/self-assured point of view, my next task is to get my contractor brother-in-law to build me the two storage sheds behind my shop in Boise like he said he would do, but hasn't done so far.

Ken
Location: Oz, lower right hand side, in a bit, just over the lumpy part.

Post by Airbear »

Hmm, Stuff Accumulation does sound a little better than Hoarding, doesn't it?

Donald Trump and his ilk are into wealth accumulation. And power accumulation. And expensive wife accumulation. Who's to say that they are any happier than a humble (and proud) Stuff Accumulator in that moment when he fondles that odd bit of metal for the first time; the one with two different sized holes at one end and a right angle bend at the other. The joy of pondering where its place will one day be, what use it will find, and importantly, where it should be stored so it can be found again when required ...

I need another shed too.
Charlie
and Brunhilde - 1974 R90/6

Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering and Design (Pending)
jagarra

Post by jagarra »

We could call all our stuff " Currently Reserved Articles Potential Service" or CRAPS as our other half may refer to it. We are just the administrator for the inventory. :D :D
1974 R90/6 built 9/73
1987 BMW K75S
1994 BMW R1100RS
1964 T100SR Triumph
1986 Honda XL600R
Duane Ausherman

Post by Duane Ausherman »

I have been a CRAP collector for most of my life. Now I am down to nearly nothing and loving it. I can almost put everything I own in my car.
Ask the Indians what happens when you don't control immigration.
opus451

Post by opus451 »

C.R.A.P.S. - too good.

"Stuffers" will inevitably be the street lingo as it morphs with mass usage.
Can you all live with being Stuffers?

And apologies...I just had to:

https://youtu.be/MvgN5gCuLac

As a child of a Stuffer, I've moved in the "all my worldly stuff fits in my car" direction as well.
But somehow find more weekends than I now care to think about, volunteered to deal with the Ole Man's stuff!
The price for storing my Beemer stuff in the midst of his varied lot of stuff. Which of course includes the mandatory shoe box full of rusty nails and screws that every member must possess, and one day pass on.
Eric "Opus" Carlsen
A Brooklyn native
1976 R60/6
Airbear
Location: Oz, lower right hand side, in a bit, just over the lumpy part.

Post by Airbear »

Good one, Eric. Carlin knows Stuff.

Perhaps the term "Stuffist" will emerge. Stuffism ... Stuffistry ... The One True Stuff ...

I think the suggestion of deeply held religious belief may be useful. One could be 'called' to Stuffism and be held in very high regard, rather than just being a poor sod with more useless crap than shed space.
Charlie
and Brunhilde - 1974 R90/6

Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering and Design (Pending)
Major Softie

Post by Major Softie »

Airbear wrote:Good one, Eric. Carlin knows Stuff.

Perhaps the term "Stuffist" will emerge. Stuffism ... Stuffistry ... The One True Stuff ...

I think the suggestion of deeply held religious belief may be useful. One could be 'called' to Stuffism and be held in very high regard, rather than just being a poor sod with more useless crap than shed space.
Yeah, Stuffistry sounds like a philosophy, and no one takes those guys seriously. If you want respect (and donations), you have to form a religion.
MS - out
Ken in Oklahoma

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

Major Softie wrote:Yeah, Stuffistry sounds like a philosophy, and no one takes those guys seriously. If you want respect (and donations), you have to form a religion.
Forming the religion would be easy enough. Getting donations from your 'flock' well, that could be a bit difficult. I don't quite know how to go about it, but somehow including 'free' sex in the equation would go a long way to making the religion successful. Just make sure the supplier of the free sex is good looking.

Oh, and make sure that those monetary contributions exceed some minimum requirement. It wouldn't exactly be 'free' sex any longer but that shouldn't be a show stopper since it is, after all, an 'offering'.

Sort of a 'church-with-'benefits'. There was a time when I would have joined such a church.

Ken