Drive Ratios for the RS.

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
Jean

Re: Drive Ratios for the RS.

Post by Jean »

Prime is right. It took nearly all those 66 years to learn what I know now. (Generally this means messing up on something expensive and not doing THAT again!)
Yep Rob. Just the ticket for checking rpm if you want a better scale than the moving needle up on the dash. I notice your meter has a LOW-range function. Nice for idle set-up.
I'd bet Sunbeem can find something like it...when you're 61, there ought to be stuff like that stored somewhere?
Clemson, SC
R100s, R75/5
Sunbeem

Post by Sunbeem »

I'm hoping to have found something meterish by the time I've got round to taking the tank off and cleaning contacts, and releasing any evil spirits from the tacho.
That's either before or after I do the kitchen floor tiles ...

I go with Doc Daneeka's definition of "old".

Sunbeem.
One day more -- one day less.
Chuey

Post by Chuey »

Well, Happy Birthday, Sunbeem! Now I'm younger than you. And my bike is younger than yours. It's going on a fine adventure starting tomorrow morning. A long trip up to Montana where my daughter lives. She turned 35 yesterday. What a coincidence it is, all these birthdays clustered around a couple days, huh?

We probably shouldn't dwell on age though.

Chuey
Sunbeem

All people that on earth do dwell, Dept.

Post by Sunbeem »

Have a splendid trip Chuey, I wish I was coming along, Montana sounds like the sort of cowboy country I saw in the old westerns. Don't fall in the river which, I am reliably informed, runs through it.
I'll have a hover overhead courtesy of Googlemaps, and see what your route looks like -- I was peering down into backyards in Fresno last night, looking at old cars hiding in the weeds, and noting the local shed vernacular -- it's a fascinating pastime.

Sunbeem.

PS. Yes -- lots of pics, this sounds like some odyssey.
chasbmw

Post by chasbmw »

You could always buy one of these. http://www.gunson.co.uk/item.aspx?cat=663&item=1855
Charles
Replica 1070 R90/S (based on 82 RT)
1975 R90/6
Deleted User 287

Post by Deleted User 287 »

chasbmw wrote:You could always buy one of these. http://www.gunson.co.uk/item.aspx?cat=663&item=1855
I could ship him mine for less than the cost of that! And I would be happy to do so, in my new, down-sizing world.
moosehead

Post by moosehead »

We digress...but its fun...and, as they say, "60 is the new 40"...so I be 46 or does it go backwards and I'm 34??

And, gulp, our oldest daughter turns 40 next week :o ...now that does bring it into perspective somewhat but the grandkids keep us young. :lol:

It is a state of mind...I blow it out on the old RS every once in a while...just to show "the boys" that I can still put them in their place!

Moosehead
Sunbeem

Post by Sunbeem »

Rob, it's a generous offer, but I've a couple of leads to follow before my desperation reaches transatlantic proportions.
AND , downsizing is about finding ways of NOT spending money (since you won't have any when penury enfolds you in its icy grip).
So ..... time to get practical
Why don't I ship you a pair of yurt making tools, so you can live in the woods and hunt and fish ?

Sunbeem.